Thursday, November 7, 2013

iPhone around the Home

Here are some of the random happenings captured and trapped on Justin's phone until I released them here. :)

I was doing dishes and looked up to find Addie trying on the girls dress up shoes. :) It was pretty cute and luckily Justin's phone was right there. This girl is seriously obsessed with shoes! Often when we are going out I am scurrying to find a complete pair of her shoes because she puts them on, walks around, takes one off, grabs one from a different pair and puts it on...ALL THE TIME! Yes, I could put the shoes higher. But that would deprive me of the joy of seeing how cute she is in her pink rain boot and a sandal, the joy of seeing just how happy she is with them on, and the extra calorie burn running around searching up, down, and around for her shoes. :)

Note the mullet. :) She's rockin' it...but not for long!  

Any time these two want a picture together I will take it. :) Lucky girls! At Bama's house while we were working on the garden for one of the last times that summer.

And this was a precious moment at conference during a Saturday Session. I had braided/twisted their hair earlier. I just love in this picture how Addie is getting in there with them, being a big girl.

This was HILARIOUS! Addie was soooo tired during lunch. She was falling asleep. Even better though was her reaction when we turned on her favorite song..."We Are, We Are not your ordinary fam-ma maly." from Ice Age 4. She has loved it and learned it from all of our driving this summer. It makes her happy and makes her want to dance. She can sing a lot of the song! It is so crazy and cute.
 

The next day! The posers strike again for their hair shot! I actually think they look quite a bit alike in this picture. They don't usually to me, but here they do.

Beautiful!

A lot of people compliment Kate on her gorgeous hair. She really does have great hair. The colors are so pretty. I love to braid it and see all of the colors shine through. I knew Kara's hair would be cute short since hers is so straight, but I was happy Kate didn't want to cut hers because I love her hair!

After Conference temple walk with this cool girl. :)

Speaking of hair...let us address this mullet! Adaleigh's hair was getting LONG too! It just wasn't all getting long together. :) Kind of like Kate's was, but not so much of a skullet. I finally bit the bullet and trimmed of those sweet baby hairs.
 

"Hmm...I don't know Mom."
 
 
After! I think it turned out cute. Long enough to still look like a girl. Might need a few more trims til that top part catches up a bit.




WHY DO YOU LOOK SO GROWN UP?!

This picture doesn't show the awesome-ness of this creature. I was weeding one day and saw one of these monster worms. I showed it to Justin and he brushed it off like it was no big deal?! it was practically a snake!!! So gross and so big. And so interesting! I knew my dad would love this, so I had to take pictures and show him!

 If you only knew how MASSIVE it was!



9 inches when stretched out people. 9 inches?! That's disgusting! 
Addie thought so too. :)

This is another random picture but something new in our routine that I don't want to forget. We used to put Addie to be first, but somehow she finagled a way to stay up with us and put all of the kids to bed. They all love it!! She snuggles with each on and they both laugh and smile. I do have to say that she snuggles with Zach the most and things he is so great. She loves the girls too, but she and Zach have a special bond. 
 

 After bath time snuggles. She was smiling and being all cute until the camera got out. :) I mean she is still cute, but you should have seen her before. ;) I know. We all oogle over this one a lot. She brings great joy and comic relief.

Addie saw me washing the kids' hair earlier and had to help me out a bit. So funny! 
 
We went to watch the BYU game at Rob and Cammie's house. Addie loved their Moroccan hat. 

Ha ha!
Uncle Rob took this picture on one of our walks around the temple. Cuties.
 

And back to the garden...Dad wanted a picture to see how our strawberry plants were fairing. We planted them when he was here with us at the end of July. They are doing awesome!! I can almost taste the strawberries of next summer!!!!

We also planted raspberries there along the back fence and the side. We hope they make it through the winter as well. Gotta love a berry patch!!!

And this is going to be an awesome cement pad/basketball court soon! Well, weather permitting...we are waiting for conditions to be good enough to pour. I think we might be waiting until spring now. Dang! It is exciting to see things taking shape! Any ideas before we pour? I was thinking a fire pit, but don't know where to put it/how to make it still safe enough to play bball by it. What would have been really awesome would be to lay some pipes under the cement and then make it like a splash pad! I may be going a bit overboard...
 

1 comment:

Alysha Sladek said...

Holy Batman your yard is HUGE!!! Lucky! Love Addy's haircut. James is sporting the mullet, but it's getting curly so I'm hesitant to cut it off. That worm is disgusting hahaha