Tuesday, November 12, 2013

hal-LOW-een 2013!

 Halloween was a BUSY day for us this year! It was Halloween, AND Justin and I had to go to Calgary to pick up my permanent resident card at 1:00 pm. Who schedules that on Halloween?!?! Isn't it a national holiday?! I called and apparently I was one of the "randomly selected" applicants that has to go pick up their new card at Canada Place in Calgary. I got the letter in September with my time and date to pick up my stuff. I called and asked if they could switch the date since we were going up there the next Tuesday anyway, but they said it wasn't possible and if I didn't go they would reschedule for a few months later. Ugh. Not to complain...but...;) it was VERY inconvenient. Most everyone else just got it sent to their homes in the mail. That would have been awesome! Instead Justin and I had to arrange childcare/school pick up and drove the 2.5 hrs to downtown Calgary for the 20 second appointment where they just handed me the envelope and we were done. Then we drove 2.5 hrs home just in time to make dinner and get the kids out to trick or treat. I do have to admit, besides the long drive, it was a fun date with Justin and Addie girl. Anyway, it took everything just to get kids out the door to school so we could get out the door to Calgary and I didn't have time for pictures before! Luckily they all posed for me after school. 

We had BATMAN...
 
 ...and a Princess...


... a Cowgirl...
Kate was going to be a princess too, but we saw this costume in the dress up bin and I was so excited she wanted to be that instead!!! I think she looked adorable.


...And a Chicken!
Justin thought of this idea on our way to Calgary actually, and then we borrowed it from a friend. Addie is obsessed with Baby Einstein's "Baby MacDonald." She walks around singing "Ee-i-Ee-i-O" and asks for it all the time. Anyway, I loved watching her walk around in this costume.

A farmer and her chicken. Every Halloween I am a farm girl just so I can wear my overalls. ;) I LOVE OVERALLS. I think next year I will be a minion from Despicable Me. They have overalls. There were actually quite a few of those this year! Really I think overalls should just come back in style. Maybe now that I live in Cardston I should just wear them. Live it up. It's cowboy country!

The cowgirl and the farm girl. :)


Addie discovered Halloween. And yes, Justin bought all of that candy. Lesson learned...don't bring him with me when I buy it.




Ha ha! It's heavy, eh Addie?! :)


Yup. She's hard to say no to. Shoot.

Halloween dinner! We ended up bringing our dinner over to Justin's parent's house and joining it with theirs so we could all hang out before trick or treating. These are jello jigglers! The molds were among my awesome Halloween Eve bargains. Pumpkins and skulls...the skulls weren't my favorite, but they were too cool to pass up for a buck.

Mummy dogs and a whole lotta jello. Don't worry, the eyeball one is the sugar-free kind.

At grandma's before dinner. I love how Addie is even in there. :)

:)
 
 

It's hard to get an 18 month old to sit for pictures. :)  
 

After dinner I went home to hand out candy. 75 trick or treaters! Good thing we bought 5x the amount of candy we needed! Rob and Cammie went with Justin and the kids to go trick or treating. 


:) 
 
Four bags of candy...SUCCESS! Yuck. 
 

And after all of that candy eating she still went for the jello. Caught ya Kara. Yuck. Next year it is eyeball soup.

After all the kids were asleep it was clean up time. Lots of dishes, wrappers, not to mention jello stuck in the plastic eyeballs. :) It seemed like no big deal until I realized what I was doing. Then it just seemed like the perfect thing to do to end the holiday with a bang. Bottoms up! Happy Hal-LOW-een!
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, yucky about driving all the way into Calgary, but sometimes road trips with the hubs are kind of nice. Even if they aren't romantic. And on Halloween. SOunds like you still had it altogether though. Sheesh woman! Love the bum shot of Zach and Addie watching tv with all the kids. SO cute! And oh my that pic of Addie in her costume is to die for cute! You guys make pretty darn cute kids!

Olsingch said...

Cute Trick or Treaters! You must be an Olsingch. Sucking on eyeballs is what we do.

Alysha Sladek said...

You guys are awesome!! I think we had about 20 trick or treaters this year. Kinda sad. And it wasn't that cold either (I would know - I had to take all the kids out this time :( )