I can't lie...days before this I totally forgot it was Mother's Day coming up. I had to apologize to my own mother that I didn't send anything because I really didn't know!!! Whoops! And Justin's mom was up in Edmonton, so we didn't have her down here to celebrate, so it was ALL ABOUT ME this Mother's Day, and I soaked in every minute. ;) I got breakfast in bed, a nap, an amazing dinner I didn't lift a finger for, and an unbelievable chocolate cake with fudge icing from SCRATCH?! My man can bake. :)
Delicious and fresh breakfast in bed. That is bananas, strawberries, and blueberries with some yogurt on it. SO YUMMY! Especially when you eat it on buttered toast. :) It's always fun to see what the kids make at school for Mother's Day.
And look what else I got for Mother's Day. SERIOUSLY?! It's May 11!! Ugh. So yucky. Pretty sure it had melted by the time we got out of church and then it was lovely. So gross to wake up to though!
I know the quality of this picture is bad, but when I came across it on my phone I couldn't delete it, because it is so much of what being a mother is to me. Addie took it. I must have been doing something on the computer and holding my little shadow Addie on my lap. Feet propped up, in our comfies...her relaxing with me. I am so lucky to be a mom. It isn't easy or glamorous or always fun, but it is the job I always looked forward to and that I am trying to embrace and enjoy each day. There's ultimately no where else I'd rather be.
Like I said it isn't always glamorous... ;)
(Ouch, Get off my hair!)
Things can get a little shakey when you lose focus...
...and it definitely can feel like your arms are overflowing and things aren't always in control...
But sometimes, even maybe just for a second, you get it right. I love being the mom to these four.
...and to this guy in a few months!
Baby E at 24 weeks.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment