Zach's class went on a fieldtrip to the creek to make boats and float them and do other activities...like finding rocks and painting them. Yes, this rock is painted. Who paints their rock gray? Zach. Zach does. So he can glue a strap to it and wear it on his head while he swims to look like a shark and scare people.
This picture doesn't do it justice. This was one of the biggest spiders I've ever seen! Maybe being built into a hill isn't the best idea?
A couple weeks after Everett was born he actually took a decent nap or two which allowed me to finish his cute banner in his room! This boy does not nap well. Thank you Everett!
I LOVE the story of this nursery decoration. My mom started this needlepoint while pregnant with my older sisters, Angie and Katie...she finished it with me (Took 8 years then?! Mom was busy...). Later she found out it is an excerpt from a poem called "Song for a Fifth Child". I WAS her FIFTH CHILD!! What makes it even more amazing is that my mom gave it to me randomly on our last trip to California (December 2013) when I was 5 weeks prego with MY FIFTH CHILD and she didn't know it yet! I hadn't told her...although I should have right there!. Giving the needlework "song for a Fifth Child" to her fifth child, who was unknowably pregnant with her fifth child?! :) Pretty cool treasure. I remember seeing it framed in Mom's bedroom. It now hangs reframed in Everett's nursery and I read it daily.
We grew some crazy carrots this year. :/ ?
I knew that at the rate this baby eats he was going to lose his skinny frog legs quickly and I'd want to remember just how gangly they were. :)
Skinny little twigs! Even when he flexes. ;)
And those toes!
And those lips!
And his pretty sister who had to be in a picture!
When he was 20 days old I ventured out to Lethbridge with him with a bunch of other 30 something mamas and some babies. . We went to dinner and then I needed to buy him bigger soothers since he couldn't keep the 0-6 month size in his mouth. So we all went to Walmart! Ha! Where else would a bunch of young moms from Cardston go and hang out? The baby section of Walmart of course!
On the last day of warmth we had the Leavitts over for Family Home Evening and a water fight and floats! The kids had a blast pelting their dads with water balloons. I was glad to have Everett to hide behind!
It'll be fun to watch these kiddos grow up together!
3 weeks old! He LOVES water. This is when the fussiness began. Spit up so much!
My view when I came downstairs through the picture window. :) These girls LOVE to color! Especially Kate. And Addie will only color with a purple crayon. She loves purple!
They are actually REALLY good at it too! They really take their time and do it nicely!
Addie's such a cute little mommy to Everett. And she is so good with him. And I love Everett's sleeper. Too bad I didn't find that one in a bigger size too!
She even brought little horses for him to play with. :)
3 comments:
I love the story behind the needlework. What a treasure!
I would have died seeing that spider! Also those toes!!
Ooh loving those pretty golden sunshiney pictures!!!
Post a Comment