Tuesday, July 26, 2016

We Be Cruisin'!!





Justin and I had a first! For our 10th Anniversary we went on a cruise with a bunch of friends!! It was a blast. We left from Galveston, TX and went to Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras. I was honestly nervous about this from the get go thinking Everett was too young to leave and just feeling the mom guilt of putting all the work of your children onto someone else...who was Cynthia who postponed her hip replacement a week so we could go?! She was all for it though so I guess I won't drown in guilt?? And she said it went great! Kids went to school all day and she just had the two littles at home. Luckily Everett wasn't really walking that well, still chose to army crawl most of the time, so she could keep up to them. I know she was ready for her hip surgery after all that though! Crazy!

And a big thank you to Darin and Skyler for documenting so much of the trip! I kinda counted on you after I saw how many pictures you were taking! And this way I was in them!



I used my Christmas present (Finally) and got gel nails for the cruise. It was fun and I loved them! I felt very ladylike and like I could beautifully point at things. :) And they were short so it was manageable.
Traveling sans kids was HEAVENLY! I could rest, cuddle, sleep, read, do whatever I want! Not that I don't love mine, it was just amazing the difference!
We had the coolest shuttle to bring us all to the house we were staying in in Galveston. Party time!

And look how cute this house was that we stayed in! It was a cool historical street with a lot of old houses on it within walking distance to the beach!
We were all hungry so we walked around and then went and checked out the pier while we waited for our number to be called.
Looked so cool at night!
Remember the rats on the jetty at night?!?!?!? Eww.
Afterward we all just chatted and played games til the wee hours of the morning. Traveling with a group of friends was SO FUN.
Mormon boys getting crazy at the rental.





The next morning we Ubered to church and then to the dock to board!!! Felt so unreal! It was awesome! We paid extra for the balcony room and I am so glad we did. WORTH IT!

Tiniest shower and bathroom ever!
The ship was unreal! It is so weird to think you are on a boat? Traveling! I loved it. It was so smooth on the way to our destinations ... not so on the way home!
Beautiful!

Dolphins playing in the sludge as we pulled away from shore. Ahoy matey!

Here we go!

Our first dinner, just missing 2 couples.

You would Darin. :)

What a good man I married. Thanks hon. Didn't help my game much. I don't love mini golf. It's frustrating. I played really well once though!

All the lovely ladies...well some of them anyway. Where's Pam and Nicole?? Probably dancing!


In the lounge listening to an awesome piano player.
Making a spectacle of ourselves, but loving just being together. NO KIDS!
What we woke up to. It was so beautiful.

And the view below. I can hear the waves crashing right now. And feel the breeze. Ahhhhh...take me back.
One of our fancy formal nights.


This was Justin's face the entire trip! So excited! HA! kidding...mostly.



Dancing!! Justin even danced! :)


Our first stop was Cozumel, Mexico. Justin and I had a fishing date planned here and we were excited! Everyone else rented mopeds and went to a resort pool. That sounded fun too, but for Justin it wouldn't be a vacation without fishing!

We caught a few! Justin even got to help reel in that massive one! It was crazy! It was also funny how I felt bad reeling in such colorful beautiful fish! I mean, trout can be pretty, but nothing compared to the parrot fish we were catching! Rainbows! They were beautiful!


Afterward we went to Senor Frogs where they said they'd grill them up for us?! But then they said they wouldn't. :( And 3 minutes later they changed their mind and said they would!! YAY! Honestly it was some of the best seasoned fish I've ever had! Kinda creepy looking with the head and tail still on, but oh so delicious!





Check out those teeth!





I wasn't even there for this, but I loved this picture of Darin. HA!


This was our sweet server every night. I forget her name, but she was nice! Even cut Darin's meat for him. HA!

What fun.

Next stop was Belize!!


The kids had uniforms the colors of their school. They were so adorable.



And all of the cemeteries were right there next to the highway and sometimes in the center of it!



ZIPLINING!!!



We are so cool.


Here I come!!


Probably my favorite picture of the trip. Love all these people!


CAVE TUBING!!!

And how much more authentic can it get to be in the rain forest and be rained on?! It was awesome!! I actually really enjoyed the experience despite my facial expression!


Justin was one of the crazies that jumped. :)


A bunch of whities!




The ship! Amazing.


Time for KARAOKE!

And dance lessons!

We learned A LOT about Pam and Derick on the Newlywed Show!! ;)

Last stop was Honduras! It wins the most beautiful port. We woke up docked there. Kinda a cool feeling to have arrived and not known it!


This waiter was incredible! Dipped all the way down swiveling his hips and never dropped a glass.
Yes please.



And the MOST AMAZING SNORKELING!!!! I forget the beach name, but it was incredible! We went out to a massive drop off and the water turned deep blue.

My man snorkeling!






After our day at the beach we brought treats to an orphanage. It was a cool experience. And they were some AMAZING soccer players!!!

Little cutie!


Goodbye Honduras! You didn't disappoint!



Boys played minigolf as we left Honduras.


All trying to perfect the Melvin Snap. I couldn't do it. Justin's just flexing for us all. ;)

The whole gang before Darin's attempts in the belly flop contest. :)

Go Darin!


We so fancy!


All the girls doing Karaoke! Some Taylor Swift song I think? This is why you should journal sooner than 8 months after the fact...




Justin and I sang "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" and it went really well...except Justin's part was an octave too high and he couldn't reach it! Ha ha!! I'm just proud we got up and did one!


There's the rest of them. Such a great group to travel with! Nice formals Darin... ;)

Back home again... Sad day! But good. We had such a great time.


Every day this sign would change. We thought it was funny but probably really helped some of the intoxicated passengers!


Justin and Skyler at the top of the stairs. Goodbye Navigator of the Seas!


All deboarded now.



Justin really wanted to buy me these shoes.. HA! So comfy. Notice I had to hold the ledge to stay standing...


Home to our kiddos. Everett loved his maraca! ;) Cute kids. Thanks for being good for Papa and Bama! And thanks Bama for delaying hip surgery!

5 comments:

Maren said...

This trip looks heavenly. I am impressed that you guys were able to organize that many couples to go! And couples that you enjoy being around at that! Haha! I loved all of your super hot outfits! It's so fun to have a reason to dress up and not worry about little fingers ruining or wrinkling your outfit. And how beautiful! I just texted Joe and told him he needs to take me on a cruise. Looks more fun with friends! Honestly, so fun! Take me with you next time.

Trisha said...

Wow, what cruiseline was this? It looks so fun! I've never been on a cruise but I work for a travel company and everyone talks about them all the time. I may not drink but I want virgin pina coladas every day with no child having to share it with me!

Amelia said...

Yes WAY better with couples!! Let's go!

Amelia said...

Royal Caribbean, Navigator of the Seas ship. And Amen! Is this a Trisha I know? I am trying to place a Trisha that works for a travel company...

Alysha Sladek said...

SO FUN!!!! Looks amazing!! Impressive you pulled it off with that many couples too! Good job. Now I wanna go ;)