
A beautiful view while driving from Edmonton to Calgary. I LOVE the canola fields. They are EVERYWHERE! We learned at the Stampede that canola oil is made from the crushed seeds and it takes 50 pounds of seed to make 10 L of oil!

Yeehaw! Here we are, arriving at the Stampede. If you are wondering what the Stampede is, it is "The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth." It is a yearly Rodeo event up here in Calgary that I highly recommend. The highlights are the daily Rodeo and Chuckwagon races, but there are also farming life exhibits, animals, and fair food and rides. SO AWESOME! It runs for about 10 days in July.

One of my favorite parts about the Stampede, seeing the piglets! I think they are SO cute with thier little curly tails. I would NEVER want to be their mom though and nurse them! They are vicious! That poor sow! This one had 10 babies!

Another view...

Here Zach is saying hello to his goat twins. They are exZACHly the same age! Zach, meet Ambrosia and Dreamcatcher, your Toggenburg Goat twins!

Zach got to go on a few little rides. He loved the Merry-Go-Round. He got so excited every time we went around and we would try to find Daddy again! Zach found him early this time!

And here he is on the flying bee ride. The equivalent to Disneyland's Dumbo ride of course. Once it started flying, he loved it!

Here is Zach cheering at the chuckwagon races. He was so into all of the events and he LOVED the music! He was dancing like a madman.

Our little caballero! Some day he will be down there riding those bulls.

Finally he crashed. Wow, what a day.

He woke up again after the races were over, just in time to enjoy some more carnival food. Here we are having a yummy fruit smoothie! Our daily diet at the Stampede was disgusting to think about...remember, we merely sampled most of these things: chicken burger, sweet potato fries, poutine, pop, kettle corn, pineapple soft serve, cookies and chocolate milk, those little donuts, bratwurst, frozen lemonade, cotton candy, deep fried oreos, and a fruit smoothie! I am sure I am missing something, but I want to barf already thinking about that so I am done!
5 comments:
What fun! I love fairs. I'm so glad you are taking in the Canadian life.
i love the stampede and i'm glad you enjoyed it. you'll have to try the funnel cake next time!! soooo delicious! did you stay for the fireworks?
Wow! You guys have been busy!!! Your little guy is soooo cute! Hey, I just made my blog private and I want to invite you, but I don't have your email. If you want to be invited, maybe just leave your email address as a comment on your own blog post and I can get it that way? I don't know... maybe you don't even want to look at my blog? haha. Talk to you soon.
Kristi
I'm so glad you guys got to go to the Stampede. I'm so sad that I missed it this year. It looks like it was a blast!
He is just so stinkin' cute!! I love his little jacket!
Post a Comment