Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nesting,Sewing, and Growing...

My project yesterday. When we moved in (one year ago now!!!) There were long brown suedey drapes over each window. Now we (meaning I!) put blinds in all the windows and I finally just made these valances to bring some color into the room. I am just so glad it doesn't looks so depressing, dark, and naked anymore.

DON'T look too close! Crooked sewing lines? Who cares! They are up! This was actually REALLy tricky because I had to sew this see-through toole-weddingish type of material with purple flowers on it onto a green semi-stretchy material. NOT FUN. I could have done better with the material choice, but I was so sick of that material store and not finding what I really wanted so after 2 trips to the store, I just compromised. I think it turned out rather well. better than nothing!




I finally got something into our main floor bathroom. I have been wanting to do this nautical themed bathroom FOREVER and have had the box of shells on the bathroom floor since May I think because I was going to do it! Whoops... Well, I finally did it. I went to Michael's to get some stuff for the walls and was SO SAD to see that I was too late! All the beachy summer stuff was GONE! Except for a tiny 90% off clearance aisle where I got a few things! I love it! So the most expensive thing (other than the unfinished boat wheel) was the plate hangers I bought for about $3 each to hang up the big shells! HA! I got things for 99 cents, 15 cents, $1.50, it was great. Not exactly what I wanted, but SO much better than before. Anyway, here is what a few decorations, some paint, stain, shells, and a glue gun will do!

I forgot to show the cute shell with shells in it. Heaven forbid you not see that too!
Silly, I know, but so me.

Here it is! :)

And I know I posted a belly shot a week and a half ago, but I was in the bathroom with a mirror already, I had the camera, and I am amazed at how it has exponentially grown, so why not take a picture! :) I am now 21.5 weeks. What will this belly look like at 37weeks?!!! AHH!

12 comments:

Dustin Family said...

Have I told you lately that you inspire me!! :) You are the woman! Your belly is very cute and it makes me very happy!! Keep up the great work and thanks for being so awesome! Have you done any CEUs lately? Let me know. :) LOVE YA!

Jason and Joy said...

Your house looks awesome! And you are so cute pregnant - I still can't believe you are having twins! We better just count on Zach and Jocelyn getting together, because there is no way I plan on twin boys!! ha ha

Amanda said...

congrats congrats congrats!!! Twins are so much fun-you will love it. Yes they are crazy, but so much fun and you will never look back. So I laughed and laughed at your picture in the mirror because Spencer made me stand in the same place with the same shirt on for numberous fat pictures during my pregnancy with the twins. Spencer and I are so excited for you--Thanks for the comment on the blog--it is so fun to check in on people's lifes and see how they are doing. Good luck with the pregnancy! We are thrilled for you!
Amanda

Jenny said...

cute cute cute...you and the decorating!

Jackie said...

Aimee, You are so your mother's daughter. I think she has the same bathroom. ha ha! I love the domestic side in you. I shouldn't laugh. I have a beach bathroom too! Mary inspires us all. :)

Kirstin said...

HOLY COW!!! I have been so busy and out of it the past couple of weeks that I haven't checked any blogs....so imagine my shock when I checked yours today and read that you are having twins! I am so excited for you...and a little jealous. You look glowing, and happy and beautiful, and at 37 weeks, you will be even more beautiful! CONGRATS. ;)

Ashley DeMille said...

What a cute house. I love the window treatments and the bathroom. I still have my window things to stick up too, from a year ago!!! This post has inspired me to get it done!

Julie said...

Impressive!! I love the updates...makes me feel like I'm there. The rooms are cute and you look fabulous!

Oler Family said...

Cute valances, I love that fabric! Your bathroom looks awesome too..but most importantly...how cute are you? You look AMAZING!

Porters said...

really cute! I love it and am glad you did it for so cheap. I am also impressed with your living room curtains- that is some motivation.

Paige said...

Love the decor...it's so fun & looks great! & congrats on the twins!!

Lant Family said...

Your curtains are so cute. Great job on the new decor. I just finished making curtains for the house when I was up with my mom. JJ just finished hanging the last one yesterday. I will have to post some pictures. I love having curtains in the house, I don't really now why , I just feel like they complete the room.