Saturday, November 15, 2008

32 Weeks...and counting!

It's official! I am now 32 weeks! I had an appointment on Thursday and the doctor said everything is looking good. I am measuring like a 37 week singleton pregnancy! I asked him how big you get with twins at the end and he said "Oh, Big! Like 48 or 49 cm!!!!" What! That is like going 2 months over-due! Fun things to look forward to. Anyway, we took some pictures to document of course. I wore the tight shirt so you could get the full twin-belly effect. I have about 8 lbs and 35 inches of baby in me now! Whoa...



33 Weeks with ZACHARY!


32 Weeks with the TWINS.


Yeah, I am pretty sure there is a distinct difference. It is twins alright!


Which view is more convincing? I couldn't decide...


I am definitely carrying these girls more out to the side than I did Zach. I feel them in my sides all the time. Waist? What waist! :) Not too much longer!!!! Hopefully!

Here is an "inside" view of 32 week Fraternal twins sent to me by BabyCenter.com. Sorry if this is too graphic for any of you... :)

What Baby Center has to say about this and coming weeks:

How your baby's growing:By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

Multilply this by 2...I have a lot of growing ahead of me in the next few weeks! Stay tuned!

14 comments:

Rob and Courtney said...

You look so cute with your big belly! I bet you are excited to not be pregnant anymore! Good luck with the last couple weeks!

Ashley Dawn said...

You totally look amazing though. It's quite phenomenal. That picture makes me cry for you. Maybe childbirth is just too recent in my memory...but I see that picture with 2 babies and I ache for you. Good luck with that...yikes.

Ashley DeMille said...

I have always wondered what the inside view of twins looked like. That is so interesting. You look so good for being pregnant with twins! Good luck with that growing. I can't even imagine!

Angie, Roy, etc. said...

I just had to laugh when looking at the diagram. The labels are so helpful and educational, right down to the hair and toenails. I can just picture a doctor using this to explain things to a patient. . ."So you see, here is the uterus, the cord and the cervix." Mom-"So where is my baby's hair?" Doc-(using a laser pointer and sounding smart and helpful, of course) "Well, that would be right here on the top of the head and there at the other end of the body are the toenails."
Now the size of the bladder in the pic--not so funny.
Sorry Aimee. But you look really cute.
And is that a belt I see?! What in the world?!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Amy you look phenomenal! You really do. I swear I was bigger than that with just one baby! I am so excited for you and a little jealous. My husband is a twin and we would love to have twins, but don't think it will happen. Anyways, just wanted to let you know you look amazing!

Cathi said...

Holy cow Aimee! I'd say there's a bit of difference between Zach and the girls. I think the outside baby in the diagram is going to have a stiff neck. :)
You look daaaaarling!!

Anonymous said...

Aimee, that belly is big. Love, Kaela

Amelia, please don't be hurt by my child's lack of tact. You look gorgeous and we are sooooo excited for the big day! What does Zach think of your new figure?
Carrie

Amy said...

You really do look great! I just think pregnancy is so amazing--and my amazement is doubled when I think about carrying twins. They're going to be so worth it! :)

Nate and Jacque Holt said...

So exciting!!

Jordan and Ariana said...

Jordan and I both agree that you look great! You sound like a champ to me for all you're going through.

The Heavenor's said...

Wow Amelia! There is a huge difference for your pregnancy's! The sad thing is I look like you did with twins at 32 weeks, but I only have one baby in me! Don't you love those baby center updates, lots of fun to read every week!

Jackie said...

A BELT! Yeah, I saw that! Point me to the maternity shop that sells those! It dosn't matter how big you think you are (which I think you look fantastic!), you still manage to be very stylish. You go girl!

Porters said...

you are so cute! I am so impressed that you look so great being pregnant with twins. I am excited for you guys...

Kirstin said...

Yep, definitely twins, but you look amazingly gorgeous Amelia... have you thought of names yet? I am so excited for you!!!!