We are in the process of finishing our basement. Now, Justin is what I call an "uninformed handyman." He is an eager beaver, totally willing and ready to learn, he just hasn't had the experience yet, so this has been fun. I love watching him learn to fix new things and make things. He is getting pretty good at it and comfortable with trying to do things himself first. Anyone close have any projects they need help with...give him a call...he'd love to learn!
So manly. Watch your fingers hon!
Good ol' Uncle Bart teaching Justin how to frame. We can't thank you enough Bart. You did a GREAT job!
The inside of the bedroom, facing the closet. Can't you see it!
Don't worry, the boards aren't crooked, I was. This is from the soon-to-be play/living room looking at the bedroom and the storage closet on the outside of the room. AH!! I love progress!
7 comments:
woa woa woa. back up. am i missing something? Did you guys buy a house? Or are you just able to do a lot iwth your apartment?
Finishing the basement was one of the things I really did not enjoy about owning a home - granted my partner is not so handy. Nor does he have a logical thought process to do it himself. I ended up finishing the last two rooms in my basement myself. Oy it was a lot of work!
Handy husbands? Are very attractive.
Way to go justin! isnt doing it yourself FUN!! its looking really good. cant wait to see the finished project. p.s. did you ever decide on a car?
way to go!!! that'll be so awesome to have done
wow, that's awesome. Can't wait to see the finished project. I wish Jarett was so handy (although, like Justin, he's always eager to learn).
When we were on the mish, Elder Low would always make us wash the outside of the car. By hand. Every week. Even when it was clean. Even in the cold.
I could never forgive him for that.
Amelia, after you have the twins, just watch out. He'll probably make you move cinder blocks around the house just for kicks. And wash them.
haha. Joking. But he did make us wash the car an awful lot:)
Fun stuff... it wasn't that much long ago for us.... The finished product is oh so worth it though! Take pictures of every stage, it is fun to look back and see all the work you do.
Post a Comment