Sunday, November 1, 2009

Infestation...of Bugs...and Children

So these pictures are from a long time ago...when it was warm enough to hang outside with a t-shirt and sandals on. Tear. Anyway, there were TONS of ladybugs around for a few weeks. Zach LOVED playing with them. "I hold em mommy?" Always, he wanted me to "Put my finger, Mommy." So I would pick it up and put it on. Here he is collecting Ladybugs. I think there were like 8 on his shovel! He liked to bring them into the house and play with them. then we would put them back out with their mommies and daddies. I am guessing that we didn't ALWAYS but them back outside because just a few days ago I found 6 ladybugs on one window. Maybe one had babies?? Why is it that I thought that sort of infestation was okay, but if it was beetles or ants, or flies...YUCK. Just because the ladybugs are cute? Go figure.

What a poser? Who taught him that? I know I don't do that in my pictures. Maybe I ought to start? The black dots on his shovel (and on the ground) are his beloved Ladybugs. "Mommy, walk on the bridge." I don't think he really wants me to do that! :) He loves bridges (overpasses) and constantly asks me if we can go on them. I get so excited when I can say yes because it is our exit and we are headed that direction. He thinks I am the best mom in the world and celebrates by saying, "Yay! We're go-o-ing on the Bri-i- idge!" in his own Zachy staccato.

This kid is super flexible. Here he is helping me with laundry, folding himself in half under a small laundry basket.

Here's Zachary with his friend Robot. I built it for him once and he kept asking for him again and again. Then he would walk around the house like a robot. So, I got a lock for my fridge so Zach can't mess with that anymore, but he still finds a way to get into other things! I had a plate of zucchini bread made up for our neighbors, wrapped in foil, waiting for us to take it to them. Well, I came downstairs from my shower and found foil on the ground and a bite out of each slice of bread! You stinker!
Fun Game! That silly little "Cat Door" down to the basement that Zach goes in and out of has become quite the hang out spot for Kate and Kara and Zach to play. He charges up at them and then slides quickly down the stairs and they laugh and laugh and laugh. It is so cute!

Two cute.


I just thought this was a cute twin moment.

They are fascinated with the TV and LOVE to turn it off while we are watching it.

Dirty face and yucky hair. She gets it all gross and it just sticks out. (I know, she doesn't have much, but she finds what she can!)
Nice Do.


Gross hair! It is so light, you can barely see it, but every morning at breakfast she pulls on it and gets it all goopy. Yuck.
This is so Kara. She puts anything in her mouth and crawls around with it. It could be a wash cloth in the tub (or out), Zach's chicken from his Farm, or here it is a measuring spoon. She is a silly girl.


Yogi herself.

(Kara Beara...Yogi Berra...Yogi.)


I caught Kate with Zach's empty pudding cup and his spoon. She was totally loving it and using the spoon to get it out. You can see the chocolate on her face. So funny!
Caught ya!

3 comments:

Joanie Harbor said...

SOOO cute! I absolutley love the picture of Kate & Kara in the little cat door where they are both smiling -- it is precious! Hope you guys are all feeling better! How about we all get healthy soon so thanksgiving weekend will be fun?! sounds like plan!

Kamry Low said...

Your kids are sooo cute! I can't just comment on one, i love them all! can't wait till everyone is feeling better!

Katie said...

Samara and Kea were cracking up at the videos. Samara loved Kara playing peek-a-boo!