Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bye Tree!

We've had this pine tree in our back yard, right in the dead center of everything. A very annoying place for a tree. For 2 years we talked about getting rid of it, moving it some how. It is just in the way! Yes, it is healthy and it grows, but it was just not working for us. Finally one night I put in on kijiji.com (like craigslist) and the next day I had 3 inquiries on the tree! I said who ever comes first and moves it can have it! A very nice, knowledgeable lady called and said she'd love the tree and could get it in the morning. It would fill the gap in her border of trees perfectly she said. She had a plan on what to do and how to get it out. Sure, let's do it. Sounded like a perfect match. She needed my tree. I was ready to be rid of it.
The night before it left I had to say a little goodbye.
My Dearest Backyard tree, I love you and had to give you a proper goodbye. With a kiss and a sappy hug we were ready to part. I looked at you every day; You stood there with me through WINTER, and what we had of spring, summer, and fall. I watched you while I did dishes, watching the birds land on you and looking past you at the garage door to celebrate when Justin would open it and be home!
The fateful morning arrived. As they tore up your roots, I got nervous. Are we doing the right thing?! Will they take care of you? Will you make it?!


And then it was too late. You were out.
And it was okay.



Sad and barren (and DIRTY) but okay. Tree, I really will miss looking at you. You grew a lot these last 3 years. But I will not miss walking, running, and playing around you. I know you will love your new home and family!

And there you go. I felt a little sad here, to see you whisked away. I was hoping that they didn't hurt you, but your new owner loves you and said you will fit right in at her home. Your new owner actually called a few days later to let me know that you fit right in with the border trees around her land, the same color and height! You fill that gap that was there. AND YOU ARE GROWING!!! New buds she says! I am so happy you made it and so happy your owner has taken such good care of you! Now, to just get grass to grow where you used to be without the kids messing it all up...

3 comments:

Cristine said...

So what are your plans for the space? I love that the lady called to tell you how the tree was doing! It's fun to see how your kids are growing.

BUB said...

Did they think you were weird taking pictures of them the whole time they were there and driving away?

Maren said...

AMELIA! I love you and miss you. This post is hilarious! sigh.... so funny....