Thursday, July 14, 2011

Echo Lake in June!

Right before Justin started residency we took a week trip to Echo Lake, Montana where Justin's parents have a cabin. I'm pretty sure everyone in Southern Alberta has a cabin or has access to a cabin through relatives (since everyone IS related!).


It was pretty early in the season and the lake was RISING as we were there. A LOT! We were there before the boating ban. Right after we left they banned all motor boats or anything that makes a wake because houses and shorelines were being ruined by the water. Luckily the Low's place is up an incline so they won't really be affected. I've NEVER seen the water this high! And all of the snow hasn't even melted yet! Yikes! Not only was the water high, but it was FREEZING! Too early in the summer to play. That didn't completely stop us though!


And yes, I warn you and realize that I posted a ton of pictures. They aren't all exciting or great, but I couldn't weed any more out. Camera happy! At least it is documented. :) We won't forget a moment.


there is usually a steep incline at the ridge of that grass there that you can walk down to the dock on. We had to get the canoe out to paddle to the dock!
So marshy. We ended up moving the dock so we could access it easier.

"Sittin' on the dock of a bay...wastin' time."



Why do little kids look so cute in life jackets?? :)



My men. Isn't Zach strong? He's flexing for you.



Kate waving the flag and saving the day.



Isn't it gorgeous!! I've never been there when there has been that much snow on the mountains still.



Aww. He really is such a great grandpa. He let Zach drive by himself. We were going in a slow circle for a bit. :) Just keep turning and turning...



The boat is relaxing...and breezy. Here they are trying to stay warm.



Kara in daddy's hat.



Again. Gorgeous view. Kate loved that spot in the front of the boat. Thanks for holding on to her Karen!!! You are such a good/fun auntie and we really appreciate you!!





Gorgeous. See that tiny speck in the middle of the clouds?....



Just a Bald Eagle!! What?! I've seen them here before. I think it is so cool! Maybe that is the American in me. Awesome.







Dallin and his buddy Aaron were so great with the kids too. It helps make it feel like a vacation/break for us too. Thanks guys!


Dallin frying himself. AGAIN! Remeber the PAIN a few hours after this Dal? :)








Zach blowing some lake bug off his hand. He loved the canoe. Mostly the oars.




See, they are great Aunties and Uncles.


Zach was pretty alarmed when they started floating away!




Dallin had to paddle them back to shore.




Just another classic Ken Griffey Jr. tourney on the Nintendo. It ended up a tie, so there will have to be a tie breaker next time. Check out Zach and Aaron. He loves him! He knows him from Dallin's basketball games and from just hanging around the house. He calls him Dallin's brother.


Thanks for putting up with us Aaron!



Kara being a pirate. ? That's what she said! Put your pants on your head and say "Arrr matey!"







"Arrrr"
I think she looks more like a nun. :)


"The hills are alive, with the sound of music..."


Another photo overload, but this girl was workin' it with these glasses! She is too cute. I know I am biased though.





Just another day at the lake.







Kara and Bama. BFFs.



This picture goes in my all time favorites. When I have my big picture wall, this will definitely be there. Love this dude.


See, I went too!


On a long tour of the lake with grandma. The boat is relaxing. They all "slept."






Justin looking oober manly navigating the boat on a long lake tour with his mom. :) Can you tell he is a BYU fan? Go Cougs!







Miss Kate. You are a cutie patootie.






Paddling around with Daddy.

This little girl is such a water baby. She LOVES it! And it was freezing. FREEZING! That didn't keep her away though.






I was a bit nervous on this tube ride. I was in charge of these 3 little bodies staying on and me being the big girl and not being scared! I was not raised with a boat and am a pansy when it comes to being pulled at high speeds. I don't like being injured and am injury prone. I am a wuss and I know it. This was a really easy ride, but any time we got close to going out of the wake I was leaning back in all scared. What a baby! Trying not to show too much fear!




By the end of the ride they were all a little bored, trying to sleep. It was kinda stressful to me trying to pin all of them down as they wiggled all over.


See the leaning? What a wimp. Fun picture though. it was much better with Daddy. Although i felt like Kara and I were going to fly out at the smallest bump.




And who doesn't love a flexing family picture. :)





This was SHOCKINGLY cold! Brrrrr...Man. That was cold.


Zach didn't like it...



...then loved it...





...then really wanted out again! Look at that expression. Poor guy! It was cold!! Then after 2 minutes your body was numb and you were fine!!

2 comments:

Maren said...

Listen, it doesn't take that long to get used to cold water. you ARE kind of Canadian now so you should be able to handle these temps! ;) Okay fine, I'm a wimp too!

BUB said...

I hope the water has warmed up by the time I get there because if we can't go boating AND the water is freezing it might not be much of a trip! What is happening to my paradisical Echo lake?