Sunday, July 3, 2011

Introducing Dr. Justin Low!

Graduation morning! Justin had to turn in his robes right after grad, so this was the best we were going to do for a family picture. He did it! We did it!! I love how this picture turned out. Of course in the one picture where everyone is looking the kids and I are in our pjs. I've been trying to get a picture like this FOREVER! Maybe I will still enlarge and hang it. :)

Justin and his cousin Connor Low went through med school together.


Dean's speech during the grad ceremony.



Where's Justin? I can see him! And Connor!













After the ceremonies we finally found him. I got a little emotional during the ceremony. I am so proud of Justin and all of his hard work. He is a real live Doctor! I am a doctor's wife. And I don't mean to sound arrogant when I say that at all. I just mean that we did it! We got through the busy hard schooling times and exams. It is (almost) over! After residency...which may be just as busy or busier than school, but it's a new chapter at least.


Justin and Connor--2011 Grads


Both sets of parents were able to come up for graduation!!! It was fun to get together and especially great to have help during the craziness of this week and the move.


Drs. Low. :)


All of these guys are doctors. Brian is a family physician in Cardston, then Justin and Connor, and Connor's dad Ron is a dermatologist in Lethbridge.



It kinda felt like our wedding again...all the poses with the different combinations of people. :)






I love this. Proud Mama and son...playing on his iPhone. :) Or maybe it's a Gameboy.


They held the banquet at the Expo Centre (and no I did not just misspell that. That's how we roll in Canada.) in Edmonton.



At the fancy banquet that night drinking my fancy drink. Sprite and cranberry juice.


Delish.




This picture how exciting all of the speeches were. Actually, the excitement came afterward, when we discovered that the dean delivered a speech given at Stanford last year...whoops...He's not the dean anymore. Scandal.

Justin and his good friend Pen Li and his fiance Chantal. Why do we look like a giant couple? :)



Oh what a night. Justin is going to be a VERY good doctor. He is very smart, learns quickly, knows how to ask the right question and listens for answers, is very personable, nice and happy, and a great communicator. As one of his teachers told him..."He has the mental capacity of a day trader and the demeanor of a Priest." Whatever that means. :) Anyway, thanks for babysitting Mom and Dad! ;)

13 comments:

Amber said...

Yay for being a doctor's wife! And I totally know what you mean in a non-arrogant way ;) Good luck with residency, it's a great new chapter!

Lant Family said...

Congratulations--what an exciting time!!

Jordana said...

Hooray, that is so exciting! I totally got emotional at Gibb's grad too, it really is a huge accomplishment! I love the family pic with everyone in pj's, you should for sure frame that, it's perfect!

Unknown said...

YAY! I am so happy for you! Those are hard years and you deserve it!

Darin said...

This is wonderful, but I cannot believe that Justin has an iPhone.

Hannah said...

Thats awesome Amelia! Congrats to both of you!

BUB said...

You should be proud. And from what I know from Justin, he'll be a great doctor. Maybe one day you can work with him as his nurse and you two can make eyes at one another over the patient's bedside.

Congrats you guys!

Katie said...

So proud happy and excited for you all! He really is a great man... so I imagine he will be a great doctor. Good job Justin!

Ashley said...

Congrats to you both! And Amelia, I love your outfit in the last picture-love the red shoes!

Alysha Sladek said...

A HUGE Congrats to both of you!! What an accomplishment.

Meghan said...

Yay! You guys made it. Congrats to Justin and to your family! BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT

Maren said...

This is so awesome!! you guys did it! And I say, "you guys" because as the wife and mother of his kids, you had a lot of work yourself young missy! You looked beautiful at the banquet, and I think your Mom is a babe. Just like you!

Leavitt Family said...

Congrats to justin + you :) Being a student wife is DEFINITELY hard work!!! Hope you guys enjoy living in lethbridge + make lots of good friends down there.