Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 4th!...in Canada?

Happy Fourth of July!!! I love the patriotism of this holiday. Is it the same here in Canada...no, obviously not. But I miss celebrating it so much, so I still try to even if it is just a little bit!

Red, White and Blue Pancakes!
What kids doesn't love colored pancakes. He still asks for blue pancakes whenever we make them. Too bad I'm all out of blue food coloring now! Gotta put that one on the list.
By the way, this is a 100% whole wheat pancake recipe that is FLUFFY! Yum.


Eating with Daddy on his first day of his residency. What? Work on a holiday?! I know?!...oh wait. We're in Canada!


I signed up to feed the missionaries. They are both from the states, so I had to have them over to enjoy a 4th of July BBQ and flag cake! Delish.


3 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

that cake looks yummy!! happy canada day and 4th of july!

Maren said...

I hate seeing pics in your new place. It's just another reminder that you are so far away!! I need to plan out my next visit! The Edmonton temple is closed for six months, ...so I'm sure we'll be making a temple trip soon enough!! And you are so cute feeding the Elders. My parents are American, so we celebrated the fourth every once in a while too. I didn't mind having two parties in one week.

Rob and Marseille said...

good idea to sign up for the elders on the 4th so they can have a celebratory day.