Saturday, August 27, 2011

Cardston Heritage Days/ Justin's 10 Year Reunion

For my family...THIS is Cardston. Well, the view of Cardston while coming from Lethbridge. And no I wasn't driving!...very fast... So bad. See that square mountaing? Old Chief. Yeah, I climbed that last week. Post coming soon...maybe. Just had to show you the tiny but quaint place I may live in a couple years.

We celebrated Grandpa French's birthday with all of the French cousins. A LOT! The kids had a blast running around and playing with all of the kids.


Yay for Dallin and Karen. We love these guys! Karen just left for BYU again and Dallin is soon starting his grade 12 year! :(  What are we going to do when they all leave!


I just realized I have about 3 pictures just like this this summer. Minus the ice cream. But Papa in his hat holding Kara. Must be what we do.


I was looking everywhere for Kate...FOUND HER! So mischievous!

The next day Justin went golfing with his buddy Darin Payne. He took Zach, for 4 holes. After that Zach was BORED! I don't blame him! Unless I'm driving the cart I can barely last that long too!

Too cute.

That night was Justin's reunion. It was fun to see his old buddies and girlfriends and such. :)  I knew quite a few of them so I actually did enjoy going and had people to talk to. Yay for small towns. Here we have Darin (yes, this is the Darin that was randomly on the same flight home with me in my Minnesota post!), Justin, and Skyler.
Go 2001.

Loving the camera. Not feeling awkward at all!

I love this one of Darin. It is just so...so...him. :)

Some of Justin's girlfriends. The rest couldn't make it. :) Just kidding.
And by the way WAY TO GO PAM!!! (The beauty in the red shirt) She basically planned and carried out the whole reunion and it wasn't even really supposed to be her job!! You da best! It was awesome.

The next morning Justin got to ride in the Heritage Days Parade! He loved it! He felt famous and loved because he had tons of candy to throw. Everyone cheered for him.

This was the funniest moment of the parade. Kate saw Justin and just froze in excitement. She didn't pick up the candy he threw or anything! Just watched him. When he finally passed, she yelled "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! You get back here right now!" I think she was a bit confused as to why he was on there.

After the parade the classmates and their families got together again for a little lunch at the park. These dangerous scary awesome teeter totters/see saws/whatevers are still there in Lion's park from 1963. Justin and Darin had fun reliving the good ol' days playing in the park together with their boys.

Darin had fun keeping Justin in the air.

Zach loved it.

After a while, Justin didn't. :)

What a fun Cardston weekend. Go Cougs.

4 comments:

Kamry Low said...

justin eating the ice cream cone- best photo ever! i love how small towns have parades for the returning class and that they ride on a float. Gotta love small towns!

PamH said...

Oh you're too nice Amelia!! And I loved reliving the Kate at the parade moment. So adorable and funny. And only you would find out exactly how long those creaky teeter totters have been there! Lol.

Alysha Sladek said...

Looks like fun. Never made it to my 10 year - just not the same as Justins would've been. O well. Love Kates reaction to Justin on the float. Too cute.

Maren said...

Oh my goodness. First and foremost, that is the ugliest and funniest picture I have ever seen of Justin (ice cream). I mean, he might have a chance of beating some of Joe's disgusting faces. Haha! What a fun time! I always look forward to your posts!