Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

Here it is! What? You can't see it? :) Well behind that tree is our new place. We are renting here for 2 years and are finally getting a bit settled in. It is an older house (with LOUD pipes!) but is freshly painted and remodeled inside. We especially love our backyard and the big basement.

Here it is! Zach took this one. I don't really love the rocks in the front yard, but it cuts down on yard work!
This tree is what shades our house. It can be quite dark inside because of it, but I like the privacy it gives us. It is a pretty cool tree.
Zach loves it!

Zach and the tree. He is getting so old!

Mom took a picture of our first dinner in this house. The dining area is pretty tiny, but so is my great grandma's old table that Justin and I redid before our wedding and have used for the last 6 years. A bit rickety, but it fits the space!

The kids in our bed, just being cute. They like it here now, but in the beginning it was kind of sad when they would ask to go home. It made me cry for the first while. Now that we have been here I think they get that we aren't going back. :( 
We've found some new friends and parks and live so close to grandma and grandpa and have been very busy this summer.

The back yard! The grass isn't so green these days, but we love how large it is! The kids love the sand box. I love the beautiful deck and big garage. I guess life here won't be so bad.

Kate and Kara enjoying our new deck swing. Popsicles and summer! Yum and yay!
This is another reason I like it here. Henderson Lake. It isn't a swimming lake, but it is beautiful with parks and walking trials.


This is what we see most often on ANY walk. I have to yell "Zach, that's TOO far" quite often. Grrr. At least he is listening more often than not now.

Kara was pretty proud that we both had purple "Hawaiian" dresses. "Just like you mommy!"
Isn't it beautiful! It would have been such a nice lovely Sunday evening stroll if that guy wasn't blasting Metallica across the whole lakefront. Grr again. 


We also stumbled across these people walking 2 of their bearded dragons. I didn't know people walked their dragons.



I love this lake.

And another thing I love...the HUGE trees! We live in the older, more established area of town and I am loving the tunnels of trees we are driving through. Beautiful tree lined streets. Nice.

8 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

what a great backyard!!! the lake looks beautiful too. i love the pics from the ranch. horses are so beautiful.

Kamry Low said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your backyard!

BUB said...

I would love those tress too! Tree lined streets are one of my favourite things.

Maren said...

Now all you're missing is ME!

Unknown said...

I love your house! Is that a yellow front door? I love it! I expect pictures on that wall in your living room asap!

blehr said...

Loved seeing your new place!! It's so nice!! Awesome backyard!

Rob and Marseille said...

Zach is going to love climbing and jumping on those big rocks! (hopefully not throwing the little ones) I love how big your back yard is and that you can be on the computer, while the kids are outside because that's where the door is. 5 bd?! awesome!! How is it w/Zach being downstairs? We have a bedroom downstairs & I wonder what it would be like having a kid down there away from everyone else.

PamH said...

Oh THAT"s what your house looks like! Lol! I can't wait to come enjoy that backyard of yours!!!