Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Closer to Cheepy!"

She did it! I did it! We did it!!! KATE IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!!!
I have given potty training a good try 2-3 times with this stubborn girl. Just wasn't ready and didn't care! She'd rather wear a diaper than be bothered with having to run to the toilet all of the time. Not anymore! She is a potty champ and I am a happy (almost) diaper free mom. Just Kate at bedtime now, but do those really count? Kara just mastered the panties at bed time. She wanted it bad and is doing well. I need a lot of wood to knock on now because I don't want to redo any of this again. :)

 It all began at Walmart. I was a brave wonderful mom and wife and took the kids with me one week day to Walmart to get the oil changed. We just played in the toy aisles until it was time to go. Of course they all found a few "favorite toys" that they wanted so bad. We had to part with them though. It was time to go. Kate had this not so cute bird. A Pokemon pigeon stuffed animal. She named it Cheepy. She wanted Cheepy SO bad. Like try and hide it so mom doesn't see me taking it home bad. So I said maybe if you go potty you can get Cheepy. That did it. We started the next day. There were a few accidents, and I was getting that familiar feeling..."Maybe she's not ready and I shouldn't push it..." but the second day she caught on and is much more independent at it than even Kara. She just goes when she has too! I love it!!! And after every time she got a sticker on her chart that had a little drawing of Cheepy at the end of it. She'd go potty and then say "I'm closa to Cheepy!!!" If she ever had an accident (twice I think?) She said "I'm fartha from Cheepy." :(  She was so good that even 4 days into it (Robbie and Cammie's wedding reception in Cardston) she did NOT want to wear a diaper and I didn't want to put her in one. It felt like a huge step back because she had been doing so well in panties all day long the last few days. I let her wear panties all day in her pretty dress. I was a tiny bit hesitant, just because I didn't want her brand new dress and tights to be ruined on that day, but I really trust Kate when she says something because she does what she says and I think she had it. And she did! It was a busy crazy day and she was even without her nap and she stayed dry. So yeah, she didn't potty train until 2 1/2 months before she was 3, but being a bit older sure makes it go quickly. They just get it. YAY! I love relishing in the successes of my children. :)

 The happiness upon receiving Cheepy.

 Pure joy.

SHE DID IT!!!!!!! Way to go Kate!!! Isn't cheepy cute?...$10 for that little bundle of cuteness. Yikes. If she is happy, I'm happy. And now her pants fit better and she has a cute little squishy bum I can pat and pinch. I bet she loves that. :)

9 comments:

PamH said...

Lol...."I'm closa to cheepy!". I can just hear her. Too cute.

The Olsingchs said...

Stubborn is good focused in the right direction, right Kate!!!
I can't believe how big girl those baby girls are. Hurry over here!

BUB said...

Hooray for cheepy! I guess that is all she needed - something she wanted bad enough to motivate her to try.

You are going to have to keep that beautiful bird forever! It could potty train generations of Low's to come!

Kamry Low said...

That toy is...so... Cute! Ha! So exciting. Don't think I'm going to start talia till she's a bug older! Seems to be a good thing

Maren said...

Haha! I like Barb's comment. And YESSSSSSSSSS! No more diapers! Bed time doesn't really count. Yet. What a nice feeling. Will I ever know what that's like? Please tell me of the dream that could be mine one day. One day.... p.s. Kate is so cute!

Alysha Sladek said...

Hooray for Kate!! lucky girl (you I mean)! Will's 3 1/2 and still has no desire. The hard part for me is we're constantly running around so he's sitting in the car for a good portion of the day. Hard to potty train when doing that... Oh well. One day right? I just pray it's before this baby comes!!! YIKES!

Unknown said...

All you needed was Cheepy. I am so happy that you don't have to change any more diapers...for now...

Jordana said...

Woohoo, Go Kate!! That must be such a relief for you. I'm jealous of your Edmonton trip, I wish I could have seen Annie. Gibb and I were just saying that we probably won't be doing any road trips until the snow is gone...kind of a depressing thought.
P.S. Are you showing yet? I want to see some pics of you!

Jenny Fitzner said...

awesome!!! Go Kate!! There's nothing better than using the stubborness of children against them. I'm glad Cheepy was so successful. It's a good thing she didn't want anything too expensive!