Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Since we were going to be in California on the girls' real 3rd birthday we decided to celebrate a month early! Their birthday is just too close to Christmas anyway, so it was perfect to have an excuse to get to celebrate early and give them their big present we brought back with us from Utah. Can you guess what it is???
 
A doll house!! A HUGE doll house. Bigger than I thought it was going to be, but they'll grow into it. They loved it!!! Especially that first day. We moved it into their room now so they don't see it much. I need to make their room into a big girl room and hopefully they'll go in there and play more because I don't really want to put that big thing in our front room. :)

This is one of my favorite pictures of the year. :) Karen came up from BYU for her Thanksgiving break. We all love and miss Karen! She stayed at our house for an afternoon one day and the kids had a blast playing with her.
Bummer I can't make them smile AND keep the camera centered, but that night we had pink, purple, and white cupcakes with delicious strawberry frosting. Yum. These girlies are so fun. I seriously cannot believe that they are (almost) 3! It has been a fun crazy few years. Everyday is a party. They play very well together. When it is just these two it is easy! Adding the 3rd wheel makes me have to be more of a referee, but with the 2 it is like they have their own built in playmate and it's always been like that. They are used to playing together and share pretty well. I just love them and their distinct personalities. Kate is hilarious in everything she does. I love her little voice in how she pronounces things. She quotes movies and songs all of the time and is quite the actress. Kara is a sweetheart, but still has that sass in her. She LOVES babies and is so excited to be having one of our very own. She still asks "to be feed" and loves to hang around and cuddle. We love our girlies!

See they do look alike! :)


Ha ha! I think these post-candle-blowing extremely satisfied smiles are funny. Same expression on both of them. HA!
She approves! Cutie.
"Show me how old you are..."
Nope...not 2. Not 4...
3!! It's a hard one to do!
You tell 'em Kara.
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU GIRLIES!!!
WE LOVE YOU!!!

7 comments:

Jordana said...

That doll house is AMAZING!! Your girls look so adorable in their matching outfits and pigtails. Great idea to celebrate early. And yes 3 is a very hard one, so good job Kara! Happy birthday to your little cuties, soon to be big sisters!!

BUB said...

And they need a stool to reach the third floor. Now that is an awesome dollhouse!

Jenny Fitzner said...

that is an awesome doll house! I loved their reactions and I love how in the picture of them all playing Zach has his shirt off again like you said he always does. hah. Your girls are so cute!

Maren said...

What a fun Mom you are! That dool house is perfect! Elli has a hand-me-down doll house that is pretty similar but I'm pretty sure yours is a touch bigger! Haha! There;s gotta be room for two girls and a third wheel to play in there, right? Loved the video! Such cuties! Miss you!

Unknown said...

Where did you get that amazing dollhouse?!!! That was a cute video. And it was nice to hear your voice on it too! I love on the video right after they pull off the blanket, and Kate says, "can you open this!" to her dolls, like, open this so I can start playing right now!!!

Alysha Sladek said...

Great doll house. Happy almost 3rd birthday girls!!

Kamry Low said...

oh i think ialready commented but i just watched the video of them opening their presents well the first ones. Brought back memories and i'll give you some advice for when they are a little bit older. Make sure if you get them the same gift them open it back to back and can't shout out what it is till the other as opened it. It was always frustrating for taren and I when one would shout it out first and the other hadn't even got to opening it. fun being a twin just little things that make it more special.