Chickens and zip lines and a play ground...that's what Papa's back yard is made of. :)
Kate in one of her favorite places...the chicken coop. I know most people who see this think it is disgusting. It is. It smells and is dirty and there are feathers everywhere. But I think I can safely say it is the kids FAVORITE thing about California and Papa and MerMers! Disneyland and the beach are a close 2nd and 3rd, but the chickens are what they talked about all the time before we went there and still talk about.
THIS is Chestnut the Chicken.
See, she loves her. HA! This picture makes me laugh. So tender. What a relationship.
And I love how Chestnut is looking at the camera for me too. :)
This chicken brings joy...
So much so that she can't even contain herself. She must sing!
And this is Z Spanish. Yes, Z Spanish. This is the name Zach loves for this chicken...and for his future sister. Yikes. Z is his favorite letter (naturally) and Spanish is his favorite language (again, naturally!).
Z Spanish is part of the batch of chicks that hatched a few months ago. Most of them are black, but Zach can tell his apart from all of the other ones. It was the black one with "clean feet and a black beak." Some of the chickens had feathery feet, so I guess that is what he is referring too? :)
THE ZIP LINE!!!
Z Spanish makes Zach so happy too! :)
THE ZIP LINE!!!
I was a bit nervous about the kiddies doing this on their own, but by the end they got to be professional zip liners.
And this was a fun game the girls loved to do on the swings, meet in the middle and kick each other's feet. :)
Justin and I got to go on a date!!! It was so fun! We went out to eat at Rubio's Fresh Mex Grill...mmmm...went mini-golfing, and then went shopping to exchange the clothes I bought him for Christmas. At least the shoes fit...Since I got all dressed up and felt cute-ish I had Justin take a pic of me and my ever expanding 23 week belly.
7 comments:
z spanish - that makes me chuckle. and ca-ute belly! lovin' it.
hahha I laughed out loud when I saw the pics of them hugging the chickens. I'm impressed. I'D be terrified of them hahaha
and you look sooo good!
Did you guys eat Chestnut or Z Spanish for Christmas dinner?
I loved ducks and chickens when I was little too! Now I think they as so gross - especially their smelly coops. I used to make them follow me around the yard and secretely I wished I was like the girl in the terrible, tacky movie "fly away home" - hopfully you never saw it! Anyways, I launched at the picture of Kate "singing". You are too funny!
You look great!
How fun is this! My kids are hovering around the computer watching the videos with me. They wanted to see them twice! Haha! Now they want pet chickens and a zipline in our backyard. Thanks. ;) This looks so fun! ...Maybe one day kids.... well, probably no chickens....
Awww, you're super cute! And I love the title of your post. 2 things that have nothing in common, chickens and zip lines. haha! I love that your girls aren't scared to pick up and hold the chickens. I would be. Why doesn't Justin want to pet the chickens?!!
i think i'm bigger than you...course that was 5 weeks ago...
sound like your kids loved being at your parents house as much as you did! and yay for dates!
Post a Comment