Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Family Baseball Game!

Back tracking a bit...The Monday after Christmas, the day before the Utah Crippens went home, we had a park day/guys play over the line and then we all join in game!
The girls took turns sitting on Michael's lap. Yeah, they are practically the same size. They are 2 1/2 years apart actually. No matter.
 Justin played over the line with all of the big boys...aka Papa, Cody, and the daddy's.
 What a stud.

 My Dad LOVES baseball. He wanted to go pro and may have, but he had a career ending injury. He could hit like crazy and actually was my coach in softball all growing up. He taught me everything I know. :)
 Dad hit a HOME RUN!!! This was the best part of his day... I know. And we documented every step. The high fives...
 The wind up...
 And the DELIVERY!
What a father in law/son in law bonding experience. :) HA!
(pretty impressed with Harvey's hops too!)
 Then Justin realized Katie caught it all on camera.
 And he also realized this would be documented on the blog for all to see. :)
 "We want a pitcher, not a belly itcher..."

Then we all joined in and EVERY grand kid that wanted to, got to hit the ball.


It was pretty cute to watch the cousins help each other (Josh helping Dallin).
David helped Zach out.
Run Forrest, run. I am pretty sure his shoes are on the wrong feet. 


Cameron is a little baseball stud. He LOVES baseball. He knows every stat.
A little father/son time. :) My men.
 Cousinly love. Zach and Leneah.
My sister Katie took this picture. Se told me that "this is when he started coaching Justin matter-of factly..."Remember, Keep your eye on the ball, your eye on the ball Dad." I was laughing out loud at your little man." Pretty cute. :)
  
 Here Kara, let an ol' pro show you how it's done.

 Running to first base with Papa.

 Kate wanted to try it on her own.
 She just kept running...and running...and running!!

 Don't do it Kate! It's a trap!!!
We hit this one!

 All the mommies even got a turn!
 Swing and a miss... See that ball by my ankles??
HA HA!! I'm a little rusty...


 And I smashed it!!! Should have pointed to the outfield first...

The girls got sick of playing baseball and decided to hide out in the shade of Auntie's car and eat some delicious red vines and crackers...
Afterward we all headed to DeJong's dairy...home of THE BEST chocolate milk. The kids love to feed the animals there.

Justin saved the piglets from eating a plastic bag by using Zach's handy dandy grabber tool he got for Christmas. What a hero!

3 comments:

BUB said...

I didn't know you were a softball player! One day when we live near each other again we should start a team.

Is it so exciting that this all occurred in the middle of winter? Must be a lovely feeling.

Alysha Sladek said...

sooo fun! this makes me want to move some place where it's warm all the time. it's so sad how short our "warm" season is.

Katie said...

I know what Zach was saying in that pic...I was there. :) That is when he started coaching Justin matter-of factly..."Remember, Keep your eye on the ball, your eye on the ball Dad." I was laughing out loud at your little man.