Does this look like summer or what!!! April 23rd. Nice. It was 30 C! (86 F). After Zach's school we set up the pool and slip and slide and went to town. It was SOO hot. This baby needs to get out soon because I don't have any summer maternity clothes nor do I want to buy any since I should have -2 days left. Boo. Anyway, Kara wasn't feeling well, so she stayed inside most of the time, but Zach and Kate went to TOWN as you can see! And I let them. :) I know I am a pretty relaxed parent, but they had 2 rules...DON'T TOUCH my tulips, and #2 if you are going to get all muddy you will have to be rinsed off in teh pool or the (cold) hose water before coming in! Pain! I think it was work it to them though. and they found some warmish pockets of water on the slip and slide to roll around in and rinse mostly off. Man, that was messy. Messy messy fun.
I love this girl. And I don't know how she did this, with her hands or face plant. The latter wouldn't surprise me. :)
Just in case you couldn't see just how messy she was...
Bonding time.
So Zach doesn't have a brother, but he has a sister that will do the brotherly things with him at least! (wrestle, play in the mud, dig for worms...)
Daddy took the kids for a tractor ride. They LOVED it.
And here we were at the park on the warm, warm day. Just hanging out and waiting...Yes. I am still pregnant. Over due. Boo hoo. But I can say this is my LAST SUNDAY being pregnant. Induction date is this coming Saturday May 5th if nothing happens sooner. Just a waiting game now...
And waiting and waiting. I've never gone into labor on my own, I am really hoping for it. I just want to see what the difference is. Our house is clean, her clothes are ready, I even made her hair bows last night. I figured maybe she was just waiting for that. A girl has got to be properly accessorized, right? :) I do need to bind a quilt that I sewed, but that is it. Tomorrow. Then she will come out. She's just waiting for her own blankey to be wrapped in (as opposed to the millions I have left from having twin girls!) But I do have to say, I will miss carrying this little one and feeling her move around inside. I really love that. She has been a super active one and I loved to feel and see her pokey heel, booty, whatever it was moving around.
I think humans should have pouches too, so we can conveniently put them away for a while when we need 2 hands and they could be hooked up to a feeding system inside, tucked away safe and sound. :)
And THIS little girl is waiting and waiting too!! Kara is SOOOO excited to have a baby in the home and tells me several times a day what our baby is going to do and what she is going to do for our baby and how she will hold her. Kara says she is coming "reawwy reawwy soon!" I hope she is right!
7 comments:
You have thee cutest family!! I can't wait for you to get that little one out! I also love that I'm not the only parent who lets their children get muddy. I've also wondered what it would be like to go naturally, so I hope it does happen for you.
They are getting dangerously close to your tulips!
I bet they were in HEA-VEN getting all muddy like that.
Thinking about you. Make sure you tell us when it all starts to happen!! I know you will.
you guys have a tractor to cut the grass? wicked! ya for last week of being pregnant!
Okay it's April 30, so it has to be today or tomorrow so she can have the birthday you want! :) I've never gone into labour either, you'll have to let me know how that goes, I'm curious. And those muddy pics made me SO excited for this summer again!! I still can't believe that all worked out, you're the best! Good luck this week, keep me posted.
What a fun Summery-Spring day! I liked Barb's comment. Haha! AND you're getting so close Amelia! So close.... if you haven't already had this baby and I just don't know about it yet. Seeing how far along you are is making me more excited about this baby coming, ...mostly I am just nervous at this point, but seeing you be so ready makes me look forward to that time. Yeay! Good luck with this delivery! I really hope you get a chance to go on your own too!
i love warm days like that especially sinc we don't get many. at least you know the end is in sight. 1 1/2 days if she doesn't come on her own. can't wait to hear
Aw I just love the differences between Kate and Kara!! Both so cute.
Post a Comment