That's right ladies and gentlemen, I HAVE A 5 YEAR OLD!?!!?
That seems so old to me! He is so excited to be 5 and so excited to go to school EVERYDAY and not just M, W, TH afternoons. He loves to watch the calendar and tell me what day it is and count down to important days/holidays and such. He has been counting down to this one for a long while now! Happy Birthday Buddy!!!
I guess it has become a tradition for me to decorate their door the night before their birthdays. It always starts their special day off right. I mean who wouldn't want to wake up to streamers?
I had to post these two also because he just looks so grown up and OLD?! Especially with his birthday haircut and spikes. What?! I am glad though. It is fun to have kids grow up and talk with and play with you.
I caught this candid of them walking through the kitchen Zach's birthday morning. And yes, they are both plugging their noses! I would have too!!! We had ribs for Zach's dinner. Part of the recipe is to boil them for 2 hours. They stunk so bad! Our whole house stunk! Kara thought I was cooking poo and Zach said it was "garbage food" on the stove. I didn't ever tell them it was their dinner...which tasted amazing by the way!!! Even Justin's dad said so!
This is how a 5 year old wipes the table. He was all of the way on top of it, but I was too slow. I am trying to give him more responsibility. Harness and use all of that energy. He empties the silverware from the dishwasher and sometimes "vacuums". We are working on it...
Zach was in charge of the fruit kabobs at dinner. Check out his eyes. Now THAT is concentration.
Zach had to go on a treasure hunt to find his presents in the house. Here he is after he found them saying "Arghhh..." with his map. And yes, those are the weekly ads used as wrapping paper. Recycle, reduce, reuse, right?? Mommy forgot...and I was lucky to even have those! I just took the recycling in too!
This boy waited ALL DAY LONG to finally be able to open presents! Daddy is working in Milk river now and was on call both days before his birthday, so we didn't see him from Tuesday morning until Thursday night. Zach kept asking and asking to open some presents before daddy got home, or to call him while he opened him...or how about we video him opening them and then show it to daddy. Or skype? Please mom?!!! This boy's mind works like his mothers!! What a problem solver. ;)
I don't know who was more excited, Zach or the girls!
Arrrrgh....
And yes, that toy is from the dollar store. Yes, it did break in the first 3 minutes of use. Hence the taped sword. Oh well!
Our Jolly Pirate. This was Zach's Golden Birthday. He turned 5 on the 5th. I had no clue what to make for him, but then I remembered he was getting that pirate set he wanted so bad from the dollar store one day and thought pirates have gold!!! So we made a treasure chest cake! I took the kids to the Bulk Barn a.k.a candy heaven, and we found some shiny candy to go inside. Then we baked a delicious chocolate cake in a loaf pan and iced it with fudge frosting. YUM!!!
Pretty sweet!!
My baby has gotten quite a bit bigger in 5 years.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Zach! I can't believe how much he looks like Justin! Can you believe our babies are going to Kindergarten??
Wow, the pirate cake is amazing! I can't believe Zach is 5! I love his new hair cut. Happy birthday!!
I can not believe he is 5! Seems like only yesterday he was glaring and Jamie and me while we were watching him during Pi's sealing. Happy Birthday!
Also, I'll be in Waterton the first two weeks of July and I'd love to see you!
what an awesome birthday!!! I love your ideas! I want to steal them for my own kids. I loved the streamers on the door when they wake up, and the treasures in the cake. AND the treasure hunt to find his presents! What a great idea. He looks so happy in all the pictures. You're such a great mom!
That is such a fun themed birthday! The cake turned out awesome! Very creative! I think I bought the exact same pirate set from the Dollar store and the same thing happened. Broken this and that on the first day. Fun times. Haha!
I laughed at Kara's "cooking poo" comment... and just did again! Too funny. Zach looks like a 5 year old...very handsome. The cake looks awesome! Well worth the effort.
Aw, little Zach is growing up! That picture of you holding him like a baby is hilarious. Jayna's golden birthday is this year too and I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but I do know that she'll have streamers on her door when she wakes up! :)
Post a Comment