Saturday, July 14, 2012

Old McGrandpa Has a Farm...a Ranch...Whatever

Well, Kate has been asking (crying actually) for months to go to Grandpa French's Ranch. Really whenever she had a melt down she would carry it on forever and then end it with "and we NEVER get to go go Grandpa French's. I NEVER get to go....wahhhh...wahh....over and over again. So one day when we were getting ready to go to Utah, Justin took the 3 older kids to Great Grandpa French's to see the horses!!! Kate was SO HAPPY when I told her she was going. So was I. I didn't get to go, but I am so proud of Justin taking pictures for me. I really missed out, but I really needed to stay back and get ready to go to our family reunion.
 Aren't they BEAUTIFUL!!!! There is a bit of country girl in me. I always wanted a "cowboy (to) take me away..." Well, I got the grandson of one. Close enough!
 Instead of the kids getting out of the car and stepping in the muddy, poopy field Justin drove right in to the field and opened all of the windows. Doesn't Justin have a nice finger? :)
 Kate LOVES horses.
 The horses were VERY curious and all started surrounding the van. They started licking the windows, sticking their noses in, and even drooling green slime in a few spots on our seat. Gross. Even grosser was Justin left it like that for a few days so he could show me, and then show his mom (who grew up on that ranch and LOVES horses too...although she thought that was gross.)

 Pure joy.
 Nasty Drooler.
 The best day of Kate's life.
 After they saw the horses Justin drove around to try and find Grandpa. He finally found him fixing the old tractor with a friend. Zach wanted to get up in the tractor and Grandpa let him. By the time Justin got up there Zach was pulling levers (pronounced leevers by Justin...ha! My Canadian.) and pushing buttons. Luckily he didn't get it started. Grandpa wasn't mad though. He is certain that Zach is going to buy the Ranch from him. Grandpa's little Cowboy. I think maybe he should bank more on Kate.



 Then they all got a chance to get up there.
 Kate's seeing her future...and liking it.
Happy Cutie pies. Thanks for "finally" taking them to Grandpa French's Daddy! Now what will Kate cry about??

1 comment:

mj said...

Ryan would be pleased to know that Old McGrandpa uses a Deere. :)