Well, Justin had Labor Day off, so we decided to head down to Echo Lake one more time for September long weekend. It was literally for the weekend, and such a quick trip with driving and all, but we still had a great time! It was especially fun because Brian and Cynthia were watching Talia and Jace (while their poor parents HAD to go to Hawaii for a wedding), AND Leslie and Richard were there with Benson, so our kiddos got to spend time with cousins that they don't get to see very often!

This was a good time for us to do the things we didn't do last time we were there...like skiing for me. :) I did NOT grow up with a boat and actually don't really enjoy skiing yet, but I try and go everytime (except for the lucky summers when I am pregnant...). I get up easily everytime now and even go out of the wake (oooo. I know! :) ), I just need to learn to drop a ski and maybe it will be fun then! Justin was encouraging me to drop a ski this time...so I tried after he told me to, and then I totally faceplanted and hit my knee on the ski. Ha! I need a bit more instruction. I am a visual learner. Maybe next year? Oh, and luckily Justin didn't know how to use the zoom on our new camera.
This was a good time for us to do the things we didn't do last time we were there...like skiing for me. :) I did NOT grow up with a boat and actually don't really enjoy skiing yet, but I try and go everytime (except for the lucky summers when I am pregnant...). I get up easily everytime now and even go out of the wake (oooo. I know! :) ), I just need to learn to drop a ski and maybe it will be fun then! Justin was encouraging me to drop a ski this time...so I tried after he told me to, and then I totally faceplanted and hit my knee on the ski. Ha! I need a bit more instruction. I am a visual learner. Maybe next year? Oh, and luckily Justin didn't know how to use the zoom on our new camera.
After the ski Kate wanted to swim in with me. We were kinda far from the dock, but I wanted to do it for exercise. (We eat A LOT at Echo...) It was fun for the first few feet, but then it was hard with that girl. Kick, kick, kick, kick; paddle, paddle, paddle!
Just walking on water! The lake was so high (again) this year that it flooded the causeway. This is low compared to what it was mid summer. Justin and Zach were going to fish on the causeway so we went with them and played around.
Kate, Talia, and Kara. Talia has really grown up now. She talks and plays with the girls so well. The girls and Zach kind of fight over her and who she is going to play with. They had fun. Crazy that she is only 9 months younger than the girls. They will be in the same grade! And if they move to Cardston, probably some of the same classes! Yay for cousins! I see it now, the middle blocker, setter, and power hitter. Can't wait. :)
The Echo Lake elementary school park. Fun/dangerous place. I remember wanting my dad to spin us so fast on these things. Now it just makes me want to barf watching my kids on them.
While we were at the park I took some pictures of the kiddos, trying out my new camera and getting some current pictures up on the wall. These are unedited, and I know nothing about photography but how to push a button, but I will hopefully learn soon! Good thing my subjects are cute.
Miss Adaleigh Jane, 4 months...
Jacey-pooh. Yes, he did get corked in the face right after this picture. He is a tough guy though. I have to say I LOVE TETHERBALL. I never laugh as hard as when I am really trying to play tetherball. It is hilarious to watch and play as you try and swing with your might only to miss. Over and over again. Good times. I am quite good though. Beat Justin twice. :)
The 2 fishermen. They love fishing. I am glad they have it to bond over. I feel sorry for the fish. I mean fishing seems fun and all, but not when I catch it and look into its eyes. :(
But it was delicious! Kara had 3 helpings! She loves fish!...and seasoning I think. :)
Last tube ride of the year! It was a cold one! Crazy how different the weather was between the 3 weeks we were there.

2 comments:
Haha! September model... you're funny. That looks like it was so much fun! Cousin time is the best AND grandma and grandpa time! The shots of Addi are TOO cute! Oh my goodness, that girl has the cutest smile! I hope she is always that happy. You deserve it! Oooohhhhh, I miss you and hope you're doing great!
Looks like so much fun! You are doing awesome with your camera. ust don't be afraid of a few screw-ups and keep shooting!
Post a Comment