Friday, January 8, 2016

Easter, General Conference, Family Reunion, Zach's Birthday and Baptism ALL IN ONE DAY!

When I checked the Calendar and saw that Easter Sunday, General Conference AND Zach's 8th Birthday all fell on the same day I was excited!!! We want to take all of our kids to General Conference the Conference after they turn 8...well we had to go to the Sunday Session because Zach turned 8 that very day!!! Then I found out that all but one of my siblings was coming from California! So we decided to work it out so we could baptize Zach down in Provo, Utah on His birthday, and Easter, and General Conference Sunday!! Such a jam packed AWESOME weekend.
Upon our arrival we all gathered for a family Easter Egg Hunt and dinner at the park. Our kids couldn't believe the GREEN grass! It was so funny. Cardston is about a month behind Utah for Spring and foliage growth. Me and my sisters! I love them and live WAY too far away from them. :(


Here is Zach with 3 of my cute nieces. All sisters families represented here!

Carrie and Me with the Mama. Man my hair is dark! We all kinda look alike, eh?

Katie took my camera and tried out my new lens. Cute little almost 3 year old Addie. Must have already found some chocolate eggs. ;)






I was so happy that Justin's parents came down for Conference and the baptism too. And Karen and Alvin live there, so we had family from Justin's side attending too!

Oh little Dallin. This kid is awesome.

And here is the man of the hour. :) He really is such a good boy. Knows EXACTLY what buttons and how to push them on his sisters, but he really is a fun guy and funny and I love how his brain works. He is an amazing piano player too. He may not always love to practice, but he needs to keep with it because it really comes to him when he does practice. He has an amazing memory and never takes himself too seriously. Happy Birthday and Happy Baptism Zach.











Pretty Kate.










One of the most adorable little girls holding the most adorable kitten!!! Katie was fostering these kittens and oh my goodness she almost sold me! Kittens are adorable! Cats aren't really, but kittens?!
Are you kitten me?!






Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!
Utah is so pretty.


And we were amazed to see color?! Green grass, pink blossoms, TULIPS!? Man Canada needs to get flowers earlier. Warm up. I am all about global warming.



We got into the Sunday Morning Session. Justin's mission buddy...who also happens to be Pres. Monson's Grandson...got us tickets!!! We love you Mark!! And they were about 4 rows from the front...sitting right with all the Apostles' families and members of the 70. It was like Mormon Hollywood. My favorite was being able to see all of the Apostles so close. At one point we were singing "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and I watched Elder Bednar. He had to stop singing because he was so emotional. It really touched me to watch that and strengthened my testimony. They know Jesus Christ. Sunday morning is also awesome because it includes "Music and the Spoken Word" with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir as well. I love that!!! Zach was a trooper because we got there quite early and then had 30 mins of The Spoken Word and then 2 hrs of Conference. It was a great experience though!




Zach's cousin Kea and her parents also went to conference. We rode up together.
What a special day. And it had only just begun! We still had another session of conference, a Baptism, and Zach's Birthday/Easter dinner to do!
We were hoping a photographer would take our picture so we could be in the Ensign. :)




I can't believe my first baby is 8 and being baptized!!!
Oh he is so cute.

And making a good choice to follow Jesus.


Commence photo session with as many variations of relations in it as possible.




We were so glad both sets of grandparents could be there. What a treat!



Look at our cute little family. :)

Right after Zach was baptized. He's perfect!! :) Mer Mer gave her traditional Comforter talk and gave Zach his warm fuzzy comforter blanket to show how we can feel when we feel the Holy Ghost.


Probably one of my favorite pictures of all time. :)

They are all mine?!

Sisters!

Mama with her daugthers/inlaw. Missed you Jess!


Zach loves basketball and wanted a basketball cake, but I thought we should commemorate that it was Easter as well so the ball got ears! I wish I would have done the background blue to commemorate baptism (blue water?). :)
Dallin approves.




Partying cousins...its ALWAYS a party when the 31 grandkids get together.
SUCH AN AWESOME WEEKEND!



3 comments:

PamH said...

Wow big day! Zach reminds me so much of Justin! Ha ha. Love the Easter basketball cake and seriously Hollywood! So close to the front? Lucky!

Cambria said...

So awesome! I love the picture of your boys with the matching ties! And "kitten me?" haha good line!

Maren said...

That is a LOT in one weekend! Holy smokes! But how awesome that it all came together and how special. You're making me want to take my family to Utah this April for Conference now! It's been a long time. First your post on Mexico.... and now this! You guys have way too much fun! Teach me your ways!