Saturday, December 6, 2008

Belly Dancing @ 35 Weeks!

Hello friends and family! I am at 35 weeks now and definitely counting...I am not sleeping well and would much rather prefer to actually see and hold the cute reasons why I am not sleeping. I also think I have PUPPP...pruritic uticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy. They are tiny red bumps all over my belly with a few on my neck, arms and legs that itch EXTREMELY bad! I HATE it. It is most common in twin pregnancies or first-timers probably caused somehow by the stretching of the skin. It isn't super common, luckily, but it isn't detrimental to the girls. It just drives me crazy! Anyway, enough complaining. Here is a little demo of my newest talent...Belly Dancing! It is hard to catch on film, but I got a few good ones, especially after the 3rd pen swipe. Be patient! (I will try to be patient too.) Well, Merry Christmas every one. Make sure you all watch "The Muppet Christmas Carol"!


14 comments:

Lant Family said...

That is some crazy belly dancing! Launi had pupps and it drove her crazy. Good luck trying not to itch.

Launi said...

whoa, heather beat me to it, but i was gonna say, i feel for you amelia! PUPPP is SO miserable and nothing really seems to help it. fortunately it goes away almost immediately when your little ones are born! (not much comfort when you have to endure weeks of it, but at least there is an end in sight!)

i love the belly dancing! that is the neatest sensation!

John and Bethany said...

Wow, having not experienced this much movement yet from my little guy it was so cool to see this video. I'm so excited for you!

Jackie said...

Very cute Aimee. It is a lot easier to see the kicking and rolling when there are two. How do you sleep?

Anonymous said...

Wow! thats amazing! That felt so strange with one, I can't imagine what it feels like with two! We're praying you have them soon! (And that everything goes perfectly, of course!) Merry Christmas to you too!

Ashley Dawn said...

Awww, that's awesome. Your belly doesn't look that big in real life - just for the record. I hope things get better for you. I know it drove me nuts when people told me to have my baby on a specific day, so I won't do that.....but be sure to let me know as soon as it happens so if I'm around I can celebrate with you. Good luck on the sooner than later part though....

Katie said...

Aimee you are too funny. Sorry about the itches...does this mean its not caused by stretch marks though? That atleast would be a good thing. Watching your belly, and seeing it as if it were my own confirms to me that I am not ready for another one yet. I will love holding your two though.

Amy said...

My mom had PUPPPs (or something similar) with her twins. Good luck!

Vanessa said...

I love it! Isn't it just amazing having human life inside you! That made me miss being pregnant! Good Luck on delivery day!!

Alysha Sladek said...

that's awesome!! it never ceases to amaze me what our bodies can do. you have 2 little babies growing INSIDE! i love it. i sure hope i can convince jimmy of at least ONE more. i miss that soooo much, and that little clip made me miss it all that much more! :)

VH said...

I love this video; I was glued. I think I even saw the outline of a fist. Ok, I'm probably seeing things, but those little girls are active! Good luck!!

Jenny said...

Wow! That's all I can say. And that I miss that. that's the coolest part of pregnancy. It really is a miracle isn't it? I mean, these little people are in you. Crazy! My friend had PUPPP all up her legs and everything. Miserable. I'm so sorry. Hang in there. Can't wait to see pictures of the family of FIVE!

Lindsay said...

Wow Amelia! I found your blog through facebook - I wanted to see how far along you were and how you've been doing. :) Looks like the countdown is on! Good luck to you and your fam. (Your son is DARLING by the way) :)
What an adventure twins will be!

Porters said...

Wow yeah I had puppps with Laneah and it was AWFUL! I am really sorry for you...I seriously woke myself up at night itching so bad and would break the skin and everything. Something that actually helped though...Grandpa's Pine Tar soap. sounds lovely and smells even better but really it helped me. I used it twice or even 3 times a day in a cool shower (you can tell it was my first if I had time for that) and also Aveeno with menthol lotion. good luck! It really will go away when your babies are born!