Saturday, December 27, 2008

THEY'RE HERE!

Hi friends and family! Life is a little bit busier now that the twins have arrived and this is the first time I have gotten to the computer with time enough to blog. KATE NOELLE and KARA JOY arrived at 9:51 and 9:59 pm on December 23, 2008. Kate weighed in at 6 lbs 6 oz, 19.5 inches and Kara weighed 6 lbs 13 oz, 20 inches. That is over 13 lbs and over 3 feet of baby!. I was induced and everything went great. It was a smooth delivery and has been a great recovery so far. We are SO HAPPY they are here, are healthy, and a part of our family. It takes a little adjustment on our parts (poor Zach) but we are all doing great. Enjoy some pictures of our best Christmas Presents ever!

Here's Zach looking studly in his scrubs.

Their first sight of us. I had to deliver in the OR just in case of emergency C-section, but everything went smoothly. Started pushing at 9:45 and they were both out by 9:59!

When Zach first saw them he put his finger to his mouth and said "Shhh..."

My Mom and Dad with their newest grandchildren...#21 and 22! I am SO GLAD that they would brave the Edmonton winter and that they are here right now.

Our family!

Pretty little Kate.

We're home! We came home at 5 pm on Christmas Eve. They were only 20 hours old!
Zach just wanted them out.

Our cutie Kara.

Kate (L) and Kara (R).

Just kickin' it on the couch together (Kara's on the left, Kate on the right).

Mom caught a Day 1 smile from Kara just in time! Zach kissing Kara on Christmas morning. Although he doesn't like that they take attention away from him, he sure loves them and is very gentle with them.

Our family on Christmas Day.

Our stockings filled with Kar-a and Kate! :)

28 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations!! They are darling! And Aimee, you look great! So glad everything went well and that your parents are able to be there for this fun and exhausting time! ;)

rachel said...

Wow, how wonderful! I'm glad things went smoothly. They are adorable. Congrats to you guys!!!

CamKamFam said...

congrats! thet are precious!

Ashley DeMille said...

They are so beautiful congratulations! They look like so much fun. Don't get them mixed up they look so much alike!

heather said...

Justin and Amelia!! We are so excited for you and are amazed at this new step in your lives!! What a fabulous Christmas present!! Congratulations - and Happy Holidays!! Hopefully you both can get some rest and recovery before school starts up again!!

Wendy said...

Congratulations!!! What great Christmas presents, they are darling!

VH said...

I have been stalking your blog to get the update. They are beautiful and you look fabulous! Way to go! What a fun Christmas.

Ben said...

Congrats team Low! Well done Amelia, I admire you for having three kids. Hope you guys had a merry christmas!

Matthew and Hailey said...

Yeah! What a wonderful Christmas present! The girls are beautiful and you look great Amelia!

Vanessa said...

They are beautiful! Holy Heck Aimee you look amazing after having twins! I always look like I was hit by a bus after having a baby! I am so happy for you and your cute family!! You have out babied me! Congratulations!

-Vanessa Ferguson

Amy said...

Wow! Congratulations! I'm so glad you were home for Christmas!

Ashley said...

Congratulations! They are both little beauties. And I love their names-perfect for Christmas babies! What a great Christmas present!

Jackie said...

Aimee, Kate and Kara are so beautiful. I'm glad the delivery went well and that you are doing good. You look fantastic! I'm glad Stan and Mary are there with you. What a special time for your family. You are truly blessed :)

Jason and Joy said...

They are beautiful! I love the names!! Congratulations you guys!

Samantha said...

They are so beautiful!!!! CONGRATS!

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, I can't believe how fast that went. What beautiful girls, Amelia. No surprise there though. Congrats!!

Tuita Family said...

Congratulations Amy!!! How exciting! Your new baby girls are adorable! What a beautiful family you have!

Taylor Family said...

Congratulations!1 They are so beautiful. Are they identical?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Glad everything went well for you! They are beautiful little girls!

Porters said...

oh I am so excited for you guys! they are beautiful!! i can't wait to see more pictures!

Porters said...

oh I am so excited for you guys! they are beautiful!! i can't wait to see more pictures!

Cathi said...

You look marvelous daaarling.
The babies are adorable and Aimee, I cannot believe how you looked right after delivery. Like you had just woke up from a nap!!
You all are living in the fast lane now!!

Evansfamily said...

Congratulations! They are so cute! Are they fraternal?

Alicia said...

Woohoo! I was thinking of you over Christmas, wondering if they had arrived yet. Congratulations! All women hesitant about having children should see your blog. Girl, you make it look EASY!

Amy said...

Sooo precious! They're the best Christmas gift ever. Hope you're feeling well and they're sleeping and eating well :)

Jenny said...

Wow wow wow. They are adorable. Congratulations! I'm glad your parents are with you to help out. You have your hands full -- too bad moms don't grow a few more arms eh? And, girl, you don't look like you just had twins! Sheesh. You're one hot mama! Congrautlations again!

maryirene said...

so happy for you! how fun to have been able to take them home right away!! i probably already told you, but my brother just had twins, a boy and a girl! i can't wait to see them. how fun for you. what a wonderful christmas! congrats!!

Briana @ Sweet Dreams are Made of These said...

Aimee,
Mom & I just finished looking at your photos. Beautiful!!! Congratulations on your precious twins. I will pray for energy and patience for you:-)
Love, Briana and Teresa