My mom made a very spontaneous visit up to see us this past week. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!! We had talked about it last Monday because she mentioned she didn't have to work for 2 weeks. I called her Tuesday night and left a message. Wednesday morning at 8 AM she called back and we looked at flights. The one for THAT afternoon was a great price and worked out best for her schedule, so we booked it!!! She packed her bags in an hour, found a ride to the airports, and was here by dinner time! So awesome. I love spontaneity!! I didn't tell Justin that she was coming. I had told Zach and he told Justin, so I just played it off. "Yeah, she is coming next week!" I told him. Then I "went to Walmart" and told him I would meet him at the park when I was done. Then Mer Mer walked up! Zach was SO happy. "Mer Mer!! Come play!" (Her name is Mary and he calls her that to distinguish the Grandmas...) He dragged her into the sand box. I love surprises. She was here from Wednesday night until the next Thursday morning. We went on walks, fed the ducks, went to the park, had daily trips to Walmart for some reason or another, showed her around beautiful, warm, summer Edmonton (she has only seen the depths of winter here) and were "domestic goddesses" all the rest of the time making food and sewing things for the girls room. It was nice to have adult conversation during the day and help when Justin was on call. I have to say thanks to Dad for letting her come on such a whim. Now I know why he missed her so much while she was here. There is a void here. Zach even said "I want my Mer Mer!" With Mom around, anything is possible. She is a positive, uplifting, helpful, easy-going person. She's a party-animal that makes things happen. I love her. Thanks for coming and playing Mom!!! Do it again!

Kate, Kara, and Wacky Zachy love Mer Mer!

Rub-a-dub-dub. Three kids in a tub!
Zach and Mer Mer watched Lion King together. This is his new favorite movie. He can quote several lines and fits them into his every day life as much as possible.
This is my life. If I ever get on the floor, I am immediately attacked by 3 giant leeches with sharp claws (if I haven't cut their fingernails lately--which grow like crazy!). Pretty cute though.
Mom watched the kids while Justin and I went "Dr. Clothes shopping." We needed to spruce up his wardrobe so he could look the part while he learns to act the part. Thanks Mom!
SuperZach! My sister sent this shirt up and somehow he knew who it was and how to act in it. He ran around saying "Superman to the rescue!"
Our version of the "horse and buggy." We bought Zach this leash backpack thing for when I am alone with all three kids, because frankly, it is dangerous! Mer Mer attached it to Kate's stroller and put Zach to work! He pulled us all the way to the park in record time and loved it! I don't think he'll love it so much when I use it more like a leash, but we'll just try to gallop and neigh everywhere we go and then we'll all be happy! Giddy-up!
We put Zach to work again shelling peas from the garden. He did a great job!
The girls loved their first taste of pureed Mama Maria's Spaghetti. My mom is famous for her spaghetti sauce. We made enough to eat AND freeze. Now that's what I'm talking about.
My sisters and mom quilted these blankets for the girls when the were born, so Mom and I made a curtain to go with it! We made it the day Justin was on call. It took forever, and we went through several patterns for the flowers, but finally it is done and I LOVE IT!
After the girls posed for the picture Zach wanted to be in on with them, so here it is!
Mer Mer and Zach made cookies to send to my little missionary brother Cody who is on his mission in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Only 2 hours south of us! Small world...this past Sunday Justin's Great Uncle (his Grandpa's Brother) called us and said Cody was at their house for dinner! So crazy. His son who is from California, was also there and said that he lived in Murrieta about 20 years ago and Dad was in the Stake Presidency there. That is when Cody was born. Now 20 years later they are all eating dinner together and I happened to marry his brother's grandson. Follow that? Wow.No, not really, but it is a funny picture. :)
That's better. Elder Cody will love these!!!
On her last night here, we took mom on her first official bonafide Canadian Wiener Roast. It was a beautiful night at Hawerlak Park. We had a great time barbecuing smokies and European wieners (in their natural casings...wonder what that mean...never mind). They were delicious.
Yum yum.
Nice hit Zachary! He was really making good contact!
A moment captured by Mer Mer. Why does mud have to be so muddy? What a cute pose Zach. Grrrrrrrr.....
"Look Mommy! Mud!"
Grrrrrr. Like he didn't know that was going to happen.
The girls and I enjoying some garden peas and quiet.
Mom took some family shots for us. The first shot turned out great! It is already hanging in our house! They girls are finally in our family picture in the living room. That only took 9 months...
Mom loves Canada. She's pointing to where she is going to build the log cabin of her dreams.
There were only a few geese left at Hawerlak Park. There are usually tons. I am so glad there were a few, because if there weren't I would not probably my ALL TIME FAVORITE MEMORY of Mom. Justin and I were down by the lake with the girls watching Zach throw rocks. Mom was about 100 yards away from us taking pictures of the few geese that hadn't flown south yet. She took this picture...and several others. This bird is not gracefully lifting off in flight like it may seem to be. It is running for its life. From Mom. She apparently wanted to capture a shot of a Canadian Goose in flight. So she chased them all around this field with my camera. I SO WISH that I had the camera so I could have gotten a movie of her running wild in the field, chasing the geese this way and that. It was UNFORGETTABLY AWESOME. Now we know where Zach gets his bird herding skills. My side of the fam... :)
"Look Mommy! Mud!"Grrrrrr. Like he didn't know that was going to happen.
The girls and I enjoying some garden peas and quiet.
Mom loves Canada. She's pointing to where she is going to build the log cabin of her dreams.
There were only a few geese left at Hawerlak Park. There are usually tons. I am so glad there were a few, because if there weren't I would not probably my ALL TIME FAVORITE MEMORY of Mom. Justin and I were down by the lake with the girls watching Zach throw rocks. Mom was about 100 yards away from us taking pictures of the few geese that hadn't flown south yet. She took this picture...and several others. This bird is not gracefully lifting off in flight like it may seem to be. It is running for its life. From Mom. She apparently wanted to capture a shot of a Canadian Goose in flight. So she chased them all around this field with my camera. I SO WISH that I had the camera so I could have gotten a movie of her running wild in the field, chasing the geese this way and that. It was UNFORGETTABLY AWESOME. Now we know where Zach gets his bird herding skills. My side of the fam... :)




10 comments:
WOW! That looks like a busy visit - and yet it seems like it's your everyday life too! I'm so impressed! I LOVE that family picture - it is a perfect shot of all of you! You guys look great!
I love the bedspreads and curtains. They are SO cute! You have such a cute little family and you look like such a wonderful mommy to the three little kids. You totally amaze me! Oh, and I totally know what you mean about the Dr. wardrobe. TJ is always wanting new shirts/ties/pants/shoes. But, I guess when that's what you wear all day everyday you need some variety!
oh...so fun!! makes me want my mom to come visit. I love fun spontaneous suprises! Hey...is that a double stroller the girls are in?
"garden peas and quiet"-love it! I'm glad that you guys got to have such a wonderful, long visit.
How fun! We love Mary too! (And Stan of course :) I especially love how much fun you guys have. It's an inspiration to us "Lows", who can struggle with spontaneity :)
How fun to have your mom up!!! Looks like you had a great time. Love the quilts and curtain. Nice job!!!
You're family is so cute. Hey, James and I just went "Dr. Shopping" too! It's fun when you 'have to.' We miss you guys!
That sounds so fun. I am so jealous. I wish my mom could just come on a whim like that! That is crazy about your brother on a mission. What a small world! I also LOVE your family picture, you're good to get one in 9 months. I still need to get Madi in ours! YIKEs hopefully we well get one before we have anymore kids!!! (Im not annoucing anything)
Oh, and i forgot I LOVE LOVE LOVE the girls room! the quilts and curtains would look so perfect in Madi's room!
Love EVERY SINGLE PICTURE. Don't you just love mommies?!? You look so skinny in the picture of you as a human jungle gym. Love the curtains, love the horse and buggy, love the - EVERYTHING!! So much fun!
Post a Comment