Thursday, September 22, 2011

Visitors!!

The Gibbs Family was on their way back home from dropping their oldest boy off at BYU and they stopped by to say hello!! We LOVE visitors. We especially love the Gibbs! This family has been a big part of our lives since the girls were born. Sister Gibbs was their nursery leader, but before that always helped out every Sunday by taking a girl (Or two!)during Sacrament and/or Relief Society. I had their girls in Activity Days and they were some of our favorite babysitters up in Edmonton. WE MISS THEM!!!

These kids LOVE Rachel! She is so good with them.

Right before the Gibbs were leaving Rachel was SO sad and didn't want to go! I said we could take her up to Calgary in a couple days if she really wanted to stay! Her parents agreed so we got Rachel for 2 1/2 days! Weeee!!! Justin was on call a lot that weekend, so it was perfect timing for me too. I didn't have to be lonely!

The Gibbs recently went back to Taiwan for a visit and brought back a few souvenirs of the kids! Zach got an awesome Taiwan shirt and the girls got cute little cheetah dresses. So sweet of them.

I wanted to make it fun for Rachel, so I tried to fill up the weekend with fun stuff. First we baked cookies. 2 half batches of her favorites! Peanut butter with chocolate in the middle and chocolate chip cookies. Yum. I love baking!

It was fun watching her work with the girls. Cute cute.

Deliciously chewy pb cookies...mmm. The next batch was darker and Rachel wanted them! She likes crispy cookies! Good thing I never set a timer and often forget the last batch!


We also went to an awesome water park in Raymond. this isn't the water park, this is my backyard with a slip and slide...:) But I didn't take any pictures of the water park. Whoops. I think she did. Anyway, after the water park, we went to buy kool aid to make some snow cone syrup for her new snow cone machine and found this slip and slide on clearance too, so we bought it...along with A LOT of girl clothes for next summer! I love a deal. It was crazy shopping with the kids, but Rachel was there to help round them up every once in a while!
Anyway, Kate and Kara didn't really understand the whole slip and slide thing, but Kate really loved to drink the water!

So Kara joined her. I think Kara's mouth looks so funny!


I love this picture. What a cute little girl. Not a baby anymore. A little girl!!

And I think she know's she's darn cute too.

I love this one too. "What? Me? I have something on my face?" Love the drops all over. Oh Kate.

She was sooo good with them Thanks for playing Rachel! it was so fun!!!

As we were putting the slip and slide away she was trying to squeeze out the rest of the water for them.

Then they struck gold! A huge fountain of water!


...Every last drop. :)
I hope Rachel had a good time! I think she did. Cookies, movies, water park, playing with Kate and Kara, snow cones, making snow cone syrup, and babysitting for us one night so we could go for our anniversary date...dinner AND a movie...how could you NOT have fun?! I do know that she was ready to go when time was up. Babysitting is a lot different than hanging out with/living in the same house with the kids 24/7 isn't it Rachel? :) Not that it is a bad thing, I just know Rachel was REALLY bored. Especially during nap times.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Kara's mouth looks like that scary halloween costume with the ghostly dropped mouth guy...

BUB said...

I want one of those cookies, like, right now.

Jordana said...

That sounds awesome, I'm sure she had tons of fun...for you and for her! I want a babysitter at my house for 2 days, that sounds amazing!