Monday, September 26, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

I had a few unfulfilled desires in Waterton from when we were last there. I wanted to rent one of these bikes and ride around the town (mostly because it was the perfect size for our family and I knew the kids would think it was cool) and I wanted to get ice cream at Big Scoop. So, on Labor Day weekend we went to Cardston and hung out with family and then we all went to Waterton for the evening. Richard and Leslie came down. It was so fun to see her big baby belly. It wasn't very big at all actually, being that she was due only 6 weeks later! Cute cute. Can't wait to see that babe.

The kids loved it! And while we were on our ride we randomly saw Uncle will and Aunt Shirley from Edmonton! :)
 

Tried to get the camera out quick to get the picture of the deer roaming around. They are EVERYWHERE in Waterton. This group had a few babies. Aw.

Papa, Justin, and the girls...and Zach very far ahead. That is what we usually see on our walks. Quite the free spirit.

The rest of the weekend we hung out at home, worked in the garden and played around. Here is family pool time! We barely fit, but it was fun. And yes Karen, I forgot my suit so I borrowed one of your leftovers. :) Please and thank you!!

6 comments:

Maren said...

How fun is this!? Well, I will tell you. It's REALLY fun! Do you know what would be even more fun? Us planning a trip to Waterton together with our families! Well, I think it would be fun anyway. Now all of you fulfilled desires are unfulfilled for me. Please make them happen. yours truly.....

Alysha Sladek said...

I love Waterton. It's so beautiful there. The bike looks fun. Oh and good on ya for getting a bike trailer. They're so handy. Did you know they have attachments for kids bikes so they can peddle when they want. I'd love to get one. Maybe Zach would be interested in that?

Rob and Marseille said...

we did that when I was a teenager & we all loved it! we tried to convince our parents to buy one if gas prices got too high (this was when it was 1.25 lol).

Unknown said...

You all fit really well in that pool. Haha! I love Waterton, and those bikes are so fun too, unless my husband is steering and going way too fast!

Jordana said...

Obviously it still feels like summer to me because I was so confused by your post title for a couple minutes. I thought why would she be posting about Labour Day from last year? And then I remembered that it's almost OCTOBER! Yikes, I am so behind... and labour day feels like it was a really long time ago. Anyways, that is so fun that you live so close that you can just go to Waterton for the evening, I'm jealous! I love the family swim time pic, can our family join you next time? Gibb and Justin can snuggle up, hehe! ;)

Jenny said...

so fun! your kids are so stinkin' cute.