Justin had to go back to work on January 2nd, so we had 12 days without him. :( Sad because we missed daddy, but I figured we could sit around the house in Lethbridge...OR we could stay in California with lots of cousins and sunshine for 2 more weeks, so we did! In making this decision I knew I'd have to fly back...ALONE...25 weeks prego with my 3 kids. It was worth it. 2 weeks of fun for 8 hours of craziness. :)
So what did we do in our first week without Daddy?
Uncle Harvey gave the kids "Hail to the King" rides in the booster seat. They loved it. He hoisted them up and walked around saying "Hail to the King (or Queen)." :)
We went to the beach again.
Dug muddy sandy holes and sat in them.
Watched a gorgeous sunset (wish he was here for that one!)
Made cookies with Mer Mer in our new aprons (thanks Katie!).
Rubbed Mommy's feet to earn money to go see the Muppet Movie with the cousins.
What good little workers. :)
Smiled after "watching" the movie with the cousins...let's just say the girls weren't super interested in the Muppet Movie. ALL of my treats were gone by the end of it. And the popcorn we bought.
Visited Nanny and ate her candy. (that's what I did when I was little too! Go to Nanny's, eat cookies and candy and watch Nick Jr. BIG deal to us. We didn't have cable! I could watch all the Doug and Rugrats I wanted to at Nanny's! All while laying on my own bed.)
Sharing some of Nanny's candy with her. What generous children. :)
I actually love watching the kids interact with Grandmas and Grandpas. They get this look on their face, a sweet innocent one, and pat them on the hand while they look into their eyes. The best was when Kate did it to my dad. He asked me what she was doing and I said that she does that to the elderly. ;) He didn't really like that. HA!
Nanny had a cute bird necklace given to her by some of the other cousins I think. She used to raise canaries. Kara thought the necklace was beautiful!
Outside Nanny's window. She has bird feeders there and loves to watch the birds come and dine.
Zach helped grandpa trim the bushes, fix a pipe, and fix the fence. He was in HEAVEN. He wants to be a builder when he grows up. I really think he will be. That or an orthopedic surgeon. They are practically carpenters anyway. This kid LOVES tools and projects.
We made egg noodles for Mer Mer's delicious Chicken noodle soup. Zach got to turn the crank.
And we pet the chickens! :)
They were only in the house for a brief moment to show Nanny. :)
I promise.
And EVERY night we called or skyped Daddy and the kids whined and cried about how much they missed him. It was sad and didn't make being away from him any easier. I missed him too!! A LOT!
3 comments:
Wow, you're still posting about your trip?! Man I am jealous - every post I get more and more jealous :). What a fun trip!
i would've stayed too. it's hard being away from the hubby, but sometimes it just makes sense. you're brave to make the flight back alone though. how did it go? or is that for another post ;)
Hmm, Lethbridge vs California. Hard choice. Looks like you had a blast!
Post a Comment