Friday, February 10, 2012

New Year's Eve

Why not go to the beach on New Year's Eve? Okay! Mom and Dad were flying home from Cody and Jessica's Spokane reunion that day, so we thought we'd meet them at Corona Del Mar in Newport Beach. They have cool cliffs and caves and tide pools.
It was REALLY foggy when we got there. Like so foggy you couldn't even see the beach from the top of the cliff.

Exploring some caves with Daddy-O.

The fog burned off right before mom and dad got there. then it was nice and sunny, and a bit breezy. 

The kids didn't care though!

Kate giving Malia surfing lessons.

After Kate got wet she got cold. She and Dallin had to bundle and cuddle up. :)
My beach baby.

Uncle Harvey dug a big hole and buried a bunch of cousins.

Just a bunch of heads sticking out of the sand. :)
Now, to get out??!
Justin and Harvey watching the kids frolic in what may have been a dirty stream that went into the ocean. Not too dirty. They would have caged it up...right? Right?!

Kate found some suspicious brown substances in the stream water...slugs, or worse?!
Just kidding. It was only sea weed. I think...



The kids made a slide down into the stream.
She is just so cute. She LOVES dirt and digging and getting dirty. We really should live at the beach!
She is cute too. And that tiny beach bum somehow always has a wedgie.



Kate and Kara have SUCH different foot shapes. Completely noticeable since birth...
Kate's wide duck feet.
Kara's long narrow rabbit feet.
From pictures on the ultrasound, baby #4 looks like she is taking after Kara...and Daddy.
Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!!!
What a day at the beach! See you NEXT YEAR!
2011 was sure a great one! And a BUSY one!

4 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

great way to spend new years. i'm so jealous.

Maren said...

My New years blew. I didn't even stay up till midnight. Boring. This looks so fun! Between you and Barb and all your beach pictures I am getting mighty jealous. I need a get-away so bad. When am I ever going to do this? Baaaah! Kara's wedgy was so cute! And I love the swimsuit and hoody combo. Haha! Glad you had so much fun with your fam!

Kamry Low said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the beach way of life. Kids look like they had SO much fun. Can I be part of your family? Cannot believe how different the girls feet ate. Kara's ate so long! Funny!

Ashley Dawn said...

First day at the beach, Kaia wouldn't touch the sand. Kienna instantly put it in her mouth. Different personalities perhaps?

So fun to see how you all love the beach!