Justin and I went to the temple in Cardston. When I walked in Dallin was sitting on the couch with Zach on one side, Kate on the other and Kara nearby hanging out and watching a movie. It was sweet. What a good uncle.
Cardston got a lot of snow that FREEZING COLD week. We stayed over at Grandma and Grandpa's house and stayed and played the next day. It was actually warm-ish. Nice to thaw out again. It was really fun to watch Justin drag the kids up and down the hill. Too bad I am pregnant and tired and paranoid. It would have been nice to help out a bit. ;) I'm doing my part though...See that dot at the bottom of the hill? That's Kara. She gave up.
Good thing he is so big and strong! Kate's got the right idea, catch a ride up AND down. :)
There's the dot. She got help up, never fear.
Zach on the GT Snowracer. I have to say that I really am not a fan of dangerous things. And yes, I consider sledding dangerous. I am a WUSS and I know it. I am mostly just afraid of getting hurt. Like when the girls were 2 1/2 months old and Justin and I went on a nice winter date...ice skating...and I broke my elbow. INCONVENIENT! I am accident prone (especially in winter sports...and lake sports-things I didn't grow up doing) and getting hurt is just inconvenient. So yes, I was nervous sending my kiddos down the big hill. It didn't help that not once but TWICE did Zach 'accidentally' hit the jump. We pointed him away from it and it totally looked like he steered that way. We asked him and he denied it. Grandpa finally just cleared the jump away. It was scary seeing his little body fly off the sled, but then when he was okay, and actually liked it, it was funny. Even he was laughing...glad he is tougher than me! I still personally hope he is always a little scared though. Let's just say cautious...
Since I wasn't sledding grandpa and Justin went with the kiddos.
The snow was PERFECT for snow men. So we went back to grandma's and made one!
And some snow angels.
Grandma got us the goods for the snowman's face...a carrot nose, banana smile, cookie eyes and ears...what a sweet snow man!
So sweet Zach had to take a bite.
Fun day in the snow. It is so crazy that this is only our 2nd real snow day that we played in this winter! Awesome! But now that my kids love playing in the snow it is kinda sad! Plus, if it is going to be cold, give us something to play with at least! I know, I am hard to please. I have to say I am LOVING the clear roads. That is my only REAL hate of winter. Bad dangerous roads.
Do they look tired to you? Ha ha! They laid down to get their boots and pants off. Kate laid like that for a few minutes. Didn't move. Just exhausted. :)
Ha ha!
2 comments:
I love days like that. Beautiful snow and generally "warm-er-ish." I still have never made a snowman with my kids. I am officially a bad Mom. But in my defence there hasn't been a ton of snow, like you said. Crazy. But I agree... I am lovin' the roads. Sigh. Relief.
That looks like really nice snow! My girls keep asking when we can build a snowman. I don't think it will happen this winter, and I am not that sad about it. That is a pretty crazy hill! I think my girls would be too scared to go down that one!
Post a Comment