Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Crystal Cove: Day 1

Mom and Dad surprised us with a fun night at Crystal Cove, a cute little State Park near Newport Beach that they have recently vamped up and you can stay overnight there in the beach houses. They fill up really quickly at the beginning of the season, but sometimes you can find a cancellation and snag it! Mom and Dad have been pretty lucky and gone a few times and we were the lucky ones to go with them once. Mom says it's her hobby now to find cancellations and book them. :) She is such a beach bum.


Here's a view of the cove. The buildings on the bottom are old movie sets! The ones on the top of the hill are the ones they rent out. So fun!

Here are some more rentals. So adorable! There is a nice little common area and a restaurant too. Cute place to vacation.

It was kinda cold there even for us Canucks! The beach in February. Warmer than Canada though! Leslie...her hat's getting too small...hint hint...;)

Cousins!!!! Zach with his buddy Michael.

Mer Mer had gone to Costco and loaded up on delicious food and treats...red vines on her face and a sucker in her hand. What a great day!

Our little family. ;)
 Remember when we only had one baby? Me neither. :)

I love this picture of Carrie and Malia!

Beach Bums. Ha ha.
Sorry. Couldn't resist.

And here is Carrie's boy, Michael. What a handsome stud. He's got great hair.


The kids exploring the tide pools. These are my childhood memories and I will do what I can to make them my children's childhood memories!!! There's nothing like getting your finger sucked in by a sea anemone. :) Squishy.
 
 

Love. Relax. Explore. Enjoy. Be.

And here's mister cutie patootie Dallin.

Family beach shot.
 I think our next family pics should be taken on the beach. There's my goal. That way I will have a bit of the beach in my home. Probably won't be our next family pictures, but soon!



Kara loving the pink sea weed. Every girls favorite!

Isn't she adorable.
Over sized sweater, over sized sucker...

...over sized cuteness!

My beach babes soaking it all in. I loved how Zach was holding up his pants. Ha ha!
 
 

WE LOVE CALIFORNIA!! 
to be continued...

3 comments:

Kamry Low said...

I just love your family! how do you ever come back when you go visit? looks like such a fun life!

BUB said...

Oh the Beach!!! We need an ocean nearby!

Rob and Marseille said...

is that just a normal blanket justin is using to hold the baby? do tell.