Thursday, April 11, 2013

Crystal Cove Day 2: Newport Beach

Up and at 'em early the next gloomy, gray beautiful beachy morning!



Here's my little wahine enjoying the humid morning breeze. My friend Alysha gave her this sleeper and I think it is adorable.

The feet are the best part. Ha ha!!

Here are the kids with their breakfast! :) Fun with Mer Mer. okay, they had to eat a real breakfast before they got these massive suckers. Yuck! Zach looks awesome in his Nike glow in the dark football goggles. My dad has this cool football you can play with in the dark if you where the laser goggles. He looks pretty nerdy awesome in them!

See those 2 dots on the beach? Justin and I went for a morning run! It was so fun!! Thanks mom and dad for holding down the fort. I haven't ran on the beach for a long time and it felt sooo good. And even more fun to run with Justin!! That's been FOREVER since we've done that!

There we are again cooling down after a long run.

Mwahh.

Addie and Papa. She might not have loved our 'go for a run' idea as much as we did. :)
  
Beach bums...again.
The cutest beach bums.


"Oh the mighty pelican,
it's beak holds more than its belly can,
I don't know how the helican.
The mighty pelican."

My Dad often quotes that verse whenever we see the pelicans. My mom LOVES pelicans. Loves watching them soar and dive, and forever and ever when I see one I will always think of her.

Here's the nerd stud again. He'll love these pictures one day. ;) 

Walking on the barrier. Every time I tried to get the picture of him and Kate walking together he'd jump off, as if he knew. Booger! I have MANY fond memories of walking on these holding my dad's hand. Or not, when I got more brave!
 

THIS is THE FERRY where my parents met! The Captain! My dad was driving the Balboa Island Ferry and gave the pretty girl a free ride! She went back and forth and would get off and tease him, but then come back. Now she is his forever!! Best ferry tale ever. Pun intended. :)

Riding the ferry across to Newport Beach!
 
 
 

I've never been on this Ferris Wheel, but my dad has gotten richer (and they found a fun deal online) so we got to ride it!!! :) So spoiled. It was pretty quaint. Zach and I...

Mer Mer and Kate... 
  
And Daddy and Kara. Weee!!! :)

Kara getting her free ride on the pier.

The Fishermen learning all about what you can catch off the pier. Both were drooling. ;)
 

"Oh, the mighty Pelican..."
 

Ruby's at the end of the pier. Cute, and delicious! And that baby pelican was not shy at all. Kinda creeped me out a little . Just ready for it to CHARGE! Watch out mom, it's coming to get you! 
 

Papa, Kara, and Peli.

Cute little toothy goober. :) She loves California.

And the tide was so low you could see the massive sea stars on the poles under the pier. See the orange and pink blobs?

Justin became very popular very quick! We got shakes from Richie's. SO thick and YUMMY!

Justin's too focused on the ice cream to stare deep into my eyes. :) I am really happy that strawberry is both of our favorite!!! 

Twinners.

Can you tell everyone was hungry and loves ice cream! Ha ha! 

Even Addie got in on the action. Lucky girl!  

The girls trying to pose like the sea gulls.

The pelican again. Couldn't help it, he was just so majestic and Californian.

And really, is there anything cooler than a playground on the beach?! Zach did the monkey bars a million times, trying to reach the other side.

I could get used to this!!!!!
 
 

Yep, all 3 pictures. Because she's adorable and because I don't know how to make those cool photo collages.
 
 
 

:) Good brother.

HE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh. I remember when I was dating Justin he would always comment on the palm trees. It was funny to me. Yeah, so what? Big deal. I had them at my schools growing up so they were normal to me! But now that I have been gone I see how and why they are so unique. That's a lot of palms! 

On the ferry ride back from Newport Beach to Balboa Island. I love that place. If you haven't been there, go.

1 comment:

Kamry Low said...

So many things to comment one. 1st- running on the beach is SO hard so good for you. I swear my shins almost fall off any time i've attempted this. But so cute you and Justin got to go off on your own. Love those photos
2nd- Love zachs cool glasses
3.) I love palm trees and they're so unique. It's funny what we grow up with that becomes normal... like snow in april and being cold all the time- normal right?
4.) I wish we were there!