Friday, May 10, 2013

Icicles!

This is kinda painful to be posting this blog post right now (trying to catch up!) When I am looking outside and it is a beautiful 20 degree (C) evening, brand new green leaves all over my trees, and apple blossoms and tulips in my back yard. Sigh. I love spring...But this post is about winter. A cool part of winter. Icicles! Here are some pictures taken on 2 separate occasions a month apart I think. We got some pretty amazing icicles and the kids love it!
 Turns out this girl loves water in all of its forms. They LOVE ice and icicles are a special treat!

And yes, I let them eat them. I try and makes sure they look halfway clean at least and do not let them eat ones that formed on the bottom of cars. :) Such a good mom. At least I draw the line somewhere. Ha ha! Mama always said, "God made dirt and dirt don't hurt."

This little one wants to be out there too! No fair!
Learn to walk Addie!


Crazy icicles meandering through the branches.
Addie found some snow on the mat and had a try. Woo that's cold!

Taking Zach to school. Hope it doesn't fall on him! I had to take a picture before we backed out because they were long enough the car would hit them!
 
 

THIS one was the most amazing!

It was as tall as Kate!

I bet my California family is pretty impressed by this!!! See guys. You should move here. It's so awesome!

2 comments:

Kamry Low said...

those are some crazy icicles!!!

Irish'n'Karley Lilburn said...

I still can't believe the size of those icicles!!