Thursday, February 5, 2009

Love a Bargain!


We had this big brown empty wall with a phone jack on it. I wanted either a buffet or a piano to put there, but frankly didn't feel like we had the money to buy either of them. Well, I am a kijiji.com Queen and love to find used deals on there. I had seen a buffet like this on there and thought it was nice. It is originally from Ikea and has LOCKING cupboards, a huge selling point for me. I really liked it and had seen a couple on there before but let them go because it was just too much for me. He was asking $190. The absolute MOST I could think of spending, and this was pushing it, was $100. So, I emailed him and asked him if he was take $100. He said "No, it is in great condition, blah blah blah... but we have reduced it to $145." I didn't reply, thought "Darn. Oh well, it was worth a shot," and moved on. Later that day I checked my email and found that he had sent me 2 other emails. "The lowest we will go is $125." 1 hour later..."I talked to my wife and she said if you can get it out of here tomorrow by 12 pm, it is yours for $100." YES! Victory! That was THE easiest bargaining I have ever participated in! It was really funny. I should have offered lower to begin with! :) Now Zach has a new "Time-Out" space...all locked up. :) (I am only kidding, but he would be safe and contained there at least!)

5 comments:

Lant Family said...

Love it and love that you got such a great deal on it!

Alicia said...

Oh, I LOVE it! Good work.

Anonymous said...

yuo should try and lock zach in there!

Ashley Dawn said...

WOW, those are some wicked bargaining skills...well done. I love how Zach's totally inside of it and happy about it.

Angie, Roy, etc. said...

WOW! Even better than going to IKEA! So happy for you.