Yep! Justin matched to the Rural Family Medicine Residency based in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. So we will be moving in June-ish. How do I feel about this? Well, I am happy I guess. Kind of "meh" but I think Justin will be much happier in the rural area. I am NOT excited to pack up and leave our lovely house (that I have just FINALLY begun to decorate and get ideas and settle into), to go to a rental, and I am not excited to leave my friends and all of Zach's little buddies, but I AM excited to have warmer-ish winters (at least more breaks from snow and some meltage) and to be closer to family and the BORDER! My homeland. :) So I guess I can't say I am thrilled but I am not too disappointed either. I think it's where we are supposed to be, darn it. :)It will be nice for Justin to work in new/different facilities and with different staff and faculty and hopefully experiencing new opportunities, especially more forced independence, that will challenge him as a learner and become a better doctor. Also, getting around Lethbridge is a cinch. 15 minutes max to anywhere in the city. We'll live less than 5 minutes from the hospital. Sweet. The not so sweet part will be the 11/24 months that he'll be based out of another rural town. Yikes. We'll go when we can the first year and then the second year hopefully he'll be able to get the close ones (i.e. Raymond, Taber) so he can commute and we can see him. Anyway, this is our big change! On with the packing and rental searching!
3 comments:
Booooooooo! Haha, jk, but not really, now I'm just getting sad. Don't go! Don't leave me! PLEASE! There, have I made you feel bad enough? We will miss you. Please come up and visit often!
HOORAY!!
wow -- that's exciting! Congratulations. We have some friends who just moved to Montana for some rural medicine. He's an nurse...but he LOVES it. LoVeS it -- and she does too. Sending "warmer" wishes:) Love you guys!
Post a Comment