Monday, March 7, 2011

Cereal Necklaces

It was too cold to do anything outside (again) so instead of watch another movie, I remembered something we used to do all the time at home when I grew up. Cereal necklaces! And the bonus was that I had some semi-fun cereal that would work!

They used Froot Loops, Cheerios, and Honeycomb to make their necklaces. It was so cute to watch their little hands work.
I taped their strings around a toothpick to help them string it easier. It seemed to work.

The proud creator. He ended up just opening the string up and dumping them all off of the necklace into a little pile on the carpet to eat them. I guess it was too hard for him on the string.
Apparently I made the girl's necklaces too small!! Whoops! I thought I was being generous.

They enjoyed their headbands instead.


Kind of messy, but pretty fun! It is definitely easier to just give them a bowl of cereal for a snack, but it was worth a shot!

3 comments:

Kamry Low said...

hilarious the girls have cereal headbands!

Rob and Marseille said...

it helped w/their hand/eye coordination and even keep them busy for twice? as long as a bowl of cereal

Joy said...

Yay! If nothing else, you get "Good Mom" points!