Monday, March 7, 2011

Wonderful, Wonderful Winter


So, this was taken March 2, 2011 while I was on the phone to my lovely friend Mariah, who has the unfortunate residence of Tampa, Florida. Poor her. She never gets snow! Or cold for that matter! She never gets to enjoy that dry, pasty white skin that I have been sporting for this past winter season. She doesn't get to experience the constant static, the ice winds that cut into your face and make it tingle when you walk outside, the cold air that you immediately and unintentionally cough out when you breathe in, or even bundling 3 small kids just to walk to your garage so you can get into your freezing car to drive to your destination and de-bundle. Poor Mariah. We have a room in our basement. Come visit any time Ri. You deserve a break from that warmth. I don't know how you do it! :)


This was taken on beautiful better days than the one above. This is Avery, Zach's best buddy that lives a few doors down. They are 1 month apart. I think she is the sweetest cutest thing and I love her. :) If we move, I will miss her!

Zach's, well all of my kids' favorite thing to do in the snow. EAT IT!

Our winter cabin, the playhouse right outside.

We dug out this little track/maze for the kids in the back yard. We've had SOOO much snow (this is even after some had melted!). At least this makes the back yard play-able. I wanted to make a snow fort too, but I don't really know how, so I didn't. :)

This is a bunch of kids enjoying the maze on Winter Wednesday...a weekly open playgroup at my house...my attempt to enjoy winter to its end...

Grandpa reading stories. WE LOVE VISITORS!!! They stayed with us during Dallin's basketball tournament. Thanks for coming and staying with us!!! We all loved it.


I made these watches! There is a lady up here who runs this business, "Wrist Candy," so I invited a bunch of girls over and we made watches. She had MILLIONS of beads and we got to pick our own and put them together. The first one took FOREVER...the creative perfectionist in me. Anyway, it is basically a bracelet with clips to hook to a watch face. A multifunctional bracelet. I love them.

See! Isn't that cool!


On another freezing cold night I went to Maren's concert. She had a singer songwriter concert with a few of her siblings. It was so cool! They were all very entertaining and talented. As was the girl that opened for them! Her name is Livy Jean and she had a pop country kind of style, Taylor Swift-ish. Loved her! She was only 15 or something and was incredible.

On the way home it made me think...I want to be able to do that. I wish I had stayed in music lessons and took them more seriously when I was younger. But volleyball was WAY more fun! I mean, if I had to go on Miss America, which is an impossibility now because 1) I am married, 2) I live in Canada, 3) I am too old, and 4) What would I wear?!, but IF I did...what would I do for my talent portion of the competition??? Tell some jokes? Breastfeed twins while answering the phone and reading a book? Change a diaper with my toes while blindfolded and with my hands tied behind my back? I can kinda play piano, and I played the trumpet for 3 years in junior high (1st Chair by the way...mmm hmmm!) and I have a deep appreciation for music, but I want to do MORE. I want to be able to feel that release as I belt out a song and I want to just sit and relax and pluck the guitar. It looks so fun. I also want to learn to play the violin, and the ukelele. So useful. Especially the uke. :)
Anyway...tangent...sorry.
Thanks for the fun night Maren. And Sarah. Thanks for sitting with me! You da bomb.

2 comments:

Rob and Marseille said...

nothing like a busy mom-life to make you want to develop your talents ;)

Joy said...

I hear ya about the last paragraph. I feel very UN-talented these days, even though I've dabbled in things over time. I just comfort myself with the "times & seasons" concept. I can just enjoy my kids right now, living in the moment with them (even if some moments are full of insanity), and then later I can further develop talents and interests. It seriously helps me feel better to know that I can do more things later. Hope that helps you too!