Friday, June 28, 2013

Old Man Justin!!!

He's 30?!!! What an old guy! I really can't believe he/we are at this point. I remember when we were at BYU and talking about med school and life thinking if all went as planned he would be 30 at the youngest when he was all done!! And here we are. 8 years, 4 kids, 2 degrees later.
Honestly his birthday was so not what I wanted it to be, but I did get him a GREAT present!! He (and I actually) hates being the center of attention, so a surprise party, or any party, was out of the question. Instead a few months before asked family, friends, roomies and mission companions to send him a short video of memories or why they think he is a great guy. I am not a video editing genius so it was pretty budget, but it was so fun to watch everyone tell Justin how amazing he is. Because he is. So hard working, kind, helpful, happy, and all around good.
Sorry your birthday was full of paperwork, driving, dilemmas, and no real birthday cake. The next day was better though, right?!
We drove to Edmonton for the weekend where all of Justin's siblings were. Jason and Kamry's new baby girl, Penny Margaret was being blessed that weekend and then Kalvin's wedding was the next weekend so all the family was around! So much to celebrate!
That's a lot of candles! A delicious DQ Strawberry Cheesequake  Cake! Too bad we had all just gone out to eat and even had a bit of dessert there. Dumb. But we HAD to have birthday cake too! It was (the day after) his 30th birthday!


1 comment:

Jenny Fitzner said...

Cheese-QUAKE-cake? Tell me more!!

Brett's the same way, doesn't want a big surprise or production.

men!