Saturday, June 22, 2013

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

"I looked out the window and what did I see?"
Obviously these post is a bit behind...these pictures were taken May 15. We have the most gorgeous apple tree in the back yard. That is one thing I really will miss about this place...the back yard. The deck. The tree. When I took these pictures the yard was so gorgeous and smelled so good! Apple blossoms, tulips, lilacs...ahhhhh.
And look at that sky!! I didn't photoshop this...cuz I don't know how!

"Popcorn popping on the [apple] tree!"


 
 
  

Can't really see them from there...but my tulips are blooming back by that fence. They only lasted a few days. We had CRAZY wind and they got ruined. Sad! 
 
  

The kiddos kicking back and enjoying the blossoms with me.
 

Addie doesn't really like to kick back. ;) She'd rather crawl around and get splinters in her knees and feet.
 
 

I really like this woody branch picture. Look at all of those blossoms!
  
 

Having fun with the auto focusing on my camera.
  

And the lilacs!! Mom, EVERY time we see or smell lilacs we think of you! Even the kids know Mer Mer LOVES lilacs!
 

Can you smell them Mom?
    

Later that day the wind picked up and it started "snowing" blossoms! It was awesome. You can't really tell, but if you look at the garage you can see the white spots? Those are all blossoms blowing around. It was crazy in real life. So beautiful. Sunshiney warm snow with green grass. That's my kind of snowfall. ;)

2 comments:

BUB said...

Ahhhh! Blossoms are heaven, aren't they!? That's why we have that song in our primary songbook. I love lilacs too. Ummm, the smell! I knew a lady once who hated them and complained of all the lilacs that bloomed everywhere in the spring because they gave her a headache. Crazy lady.

Irish'n'Karley Lilburn said...

Beautiful pics! I love the very first close up one!! My Mom loved Lilacs too!! I bet you won't miss all of the caterpillars that come with that tree...your kids will though! :) lol