Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm a reader! I read! I'm reading! (courtesy of "What about Bob" only he's a sailor)


Well, I have started to read. The craze right now, so I hear, is Stephanie Meyers Twilight series. I love it! I read 2 books, both about 500 or more pages in less than 1 week! My house was a mess, but I read! I have always wanted to be well read for my children and teach them to love reading, so I thought I better set a good example. And what better to do that by then to read about vampires and love! Hopefully, I will move into the classics soon, but this is a start. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Until then, I look forward to reading book 3, then book 4 when it comes out August 2, and then to watching the movie on December 12!

5 comments:

Jolene said...

I just bought "What About Bob" for 5 bucks at Target. It was pure joy watching that movie again. It had been awhile.

Julie said...

I recommend "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom. It's one of my personal favorites!

Alicia said...

Ooh, that is a good one. And semi-classic. I love Jane Austen and Anne of Green Gables and Little Women, and those are all good girly classics with good girly movies made on them. I also really like the Shannon Hale books (Goose Girl and Enna Burning, especially) and those are easy and fast. Have fun reading!

Alisa F. said...

OH man, you got hooked too huh? I read Twilight starting Monday at 4:30 and finished on Tuesday at 9:30. I pretty much read all the time I wasn't working or sleeping. SO GOOD. I can't wait to start New Moon. My poor husband won't be though... :)

Anonymous said...

haha - Amelia- I was in the same boat as you last week. I read books 2 and 3 of the twilight series in about 3 days. I would also recommend Stephenie Meyers - The Host. Fabulous! Also - I will second the recommendation for Corrie Ten Booms - The Hiding Place. Very interesting. - And if you want to go back far enough, read the sequels to The Davinci Code. I think the one I liked was Angels and Deamons. I haven't decided if I want to see the movie based on Twilight. Its so good just to read it!