
Zach had another first in his life...STITCHES! He broke into one of the latched cupboards and was going for the blender. While doing so he knocked out the little chopper attachment thing and the blade landed perfectly behind him so when he stepped back, he stepped right on it. :( I was right beside him, but only noticed when he started crying. It happened so quickly. It was SO sad/scary/panicky, but everything worked out okay, we got his stitches, and he really hasn't seemed to take note of his injury at all. I am sure this is the first of MANY accidents/injuries we will encounter with this busy guy. Sorry Zach! Feel better soon!

It's a little more than an inch long, 5 stitches. These pictures were taken three days after it happened. It is looking better, I think.

His cute tiny foot all mummy wrapped. It was sure fun for the nurse in me to do a dressing change! It has been so long!

The doctor said Zach couldn't walk on it. . . yeah right. I tried so hard for the first few hours after it happened to keep him in my arms and off the foot. Zach wasn't going to take that though. So I devised a little scheme to let him be able to walk on the ball of his foot, but keep the pressure off of his heel. It seems to be working well. He has not slowed down one bit. He looks pretty cute running around with a wadded washcloth taped to his foot!

See, he is still extremely happy!
5 comments:
Oh - poor Zach! The first stitches experience has got to be the hardest. Reese had to get 3 stitches on her NOSE when she was 9 months old. I was so upset. But - it healed fine and you can't even tell anymore. It cracks me up how kids don't even seem to act like anything happened at all, afterward.
Wow a good momma and a good nurse. Way to go Aimee!
That breaks my heart, but you know...accidents do happen, and it will be the first of many. I hope he gets healing all right. He looks pretty happy in the pics, which is darn cute! I am glad you made it through your first accident with him without panicking too much! Good job Amelia!
Ouch! Oh this makes me cringe!
He's definitely a trooper.
You think they'd be more tramatized, but after Christopher's appendicitis last year, he got a Doctor's kit for Christmas and likes playing doctor.
Post a Comment