One LATE September day (the 24th!) we got a hot one! Love Indian Summers. I had heard about Wally's Beach and wanted to try it out. I also knew this was probably my last chance so even though Justin was away at a conference I packed up the kiddos and headed out to the St. Mary's Reservoir with Pam Heggie and her sister and kids. Between the 3 of us there were 10 kids I think! Apparently, earlier in the summer this beach was tiny and mosquito infested, but this late summer day the water had gone down a bit...A LOT and there was TONS of space for our kiddos to just run and play! The best decision I ever made to go that day. The kids seriously played for hours. The other awesome thing about this place was that it was clean and ankle/knee high for SO far. The kids could just run, splash, and play and we could relax. Loved it. This just gave me a bit of hope. You don't HAVE to live in California to have a good time at the beach. The kids ask to go there all the time still.
Wally's Beach!!! This was only about 1/4 of it.
This was the cutest part of the day. RACE!
I love this picture of Carefree Kate.
I'm pretty sure Kate cheated and turned around and ran back early.
I really dislike it when kids find and play with feathers...yuck. So dirty.
This was Zach and Kate's favorite part of the day by far. Pam's hubby Derrick found that if you wiggled in the beach sand you sank. They had fun with it for a while. Then the kids got into their big holes and played around. Zach LOVES mud so this was perfect for him. Too bad we discovered this so close to when we had to leave. I think they got dirty enough. :)
Kara even put her suit back on after being cleaned up because she could tell she was missing out on some serious fun.
COVERED in mud...and SO HAPPY about it!
What a fun day at the beach! This makes me miss SUMMER!!!!








1 comment:
haha I love how in one picture you say you don't like it when kids play with feathers, and the very next picture they are up to their chests in mud!! that is awesome. P.s. as for me throwing up, if I could have scaled back and not pushed as hard I would have. it was so violent and forceful though, I couldn't help it! blaaahhh
Post a Comment