Thursday, October 27, 2011

Conference Weekend

 I love General Conference. This Conference weekend was really neat for me. Especially the Saturday sessions. Justin's little brother Dallin is on the varsity volleyball team in Cardston. They had a tourney that weekend in Lethbridge that started with an early morning game and then an early afternoon game. Justin went to the morning game and on his way home called to see if the boys could come hang out here for a few hours during their break to watch conference. I was expecting the call, oddly. It was so awesome! Justin picked up some donuts and muffins on the way home and then they came! Nice, quiet, good boys. And they watched. And listened. And I cried. Pregnancy hormones, maybe. But it wasn't solely the hormones. When those boys walked in I really felt the Spirit enter the room, very strongly. I could have held it back, but I looked over at Justin's Dad who was sitting on the couch with wiping a tear from his eye (I think. Don't tell me otherwise if it wasn't a tear Brian, okay. I love my memory just the way it is!). He is some of these boys' Stake President. I just thought how encouraging to see these young men making a good choice and making strides to develop and strengthen their testimony of Jesus Christ. And in a few short years hopefully all of them will be out in the mission field spreading the gospel that Jesus is our Savior and we have a prophet on the earth today. I will never forget these moments of this conference weekend. There ARE still good kids around! I saw them! I met them! And as they walked out I told them how great they were and how happy I was that they were at my home. They may have thought I was some crazy young mom, but I really appreciated their presence and the Spirit they brought to my home and heart. Thanks for coming boys. :) Maybe I can move to Cardston at last.

 Full house! Some were even missing from this picture because that empty couch was full too. What a sight.

 After the second session I bipped up to Calgary to surprise Alysha for her 30th birthday. Maren, Sarah, and Barb came down from Edmonton and I came up from good ol' Lethbridge. I really miss these girls. A lot. I miss knowing that I can just call them and hang out while our kiddos play, or just talk. It was so nice to get out, have a girls night, go to dinner, paint our nails, look at magazines, eat candy, talk til 2 am...whoops. Anyway, Maren blogged more pics and details. Yay for the quick, fun weekend!!!
 And Sarah, I had to put this one in. I especially love you and your beautiful face. :)
Here's just a random shot to end off the post. My girls have enough hair to braid!!! It is so fine it won't stay in very good without lots of hair spray, but it gives hope.

1 comment:

Kamry Low said...

oh i love the french braids! JEALOUS!!!! i thnk talia HONESTLY might be 6 before i can do that