Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Our Apple Tree!

One of the cool things about our Lethbridge home that I was really excited about was this great apple tree in our back yard. I had visions of tree branches sagging to the ground from the weight of all of the delicious juicy apples. Visions of making applesauce, pie filling, caramel apples, and whatever else you can make with them. Well, I thought there would at least be buds? Flowers? Blossoms? Nothing. Maybe they happened before we got here? I don't know anything about apple growth. One day my friend Heather reached up and pulled something down. What?!! We have apples!!! I was so excited. We searched the tree.

Yes. We had apples. 5 in total.

It's a start. Maybe next year.


Delish! I guess we'll just enjoy every bite we've got!

1 comment:

AJ said...

I'm not an apple expert, but I know a little. Some varieties only get apples every other year. And they usually need to be fertilized well in advance to get much out of them. I'm sure there is tons of info online that could help you out. :)