Wednesday, October 13, 2010

5th Anniversary!!!

HAPPY FIVE YEARS TO US!!
For our 5th Wedding Anniversary we went away from our kids for a night for the 1st time ever!!! We love them, but it was SO nice to just go away and be us for a day. We started it early and ended it late. We got up at 4:30 AM and drove to Dana Point, CA to go ocean fishing and whale watching! We thought we'd be pulling in 400 lb halibut, but it turns out that it was just regular fishing, not deep sea sport fishing. Oh well! We had a BLAST!!! I loved every minute of it, even baiting my hooks. :)

Where they get the bait. The birds nearby would try and fly in there and eat as much as they could before the people scared them away. Smart birds!
Yum! Sardines!

Us. Tired, tired us excited to go catch some fish.


The first catch a sea bass I think. We got to keep this one. It took a while to catch anything because we were baiting it wrong and killing our bait so it couldn't swim down there. Whoops. Someone told me to do it right behind the eyes! Really! We were sticking the hooks right through their brains...anyway, once we did it right we got a lot of fish! Well, Justin did!

Justin caught several barracuda. They weren't long enough to keep though.

While waiting and waiting and waiting to catch my fish, watching everyone around hook there's, I took the perfect picture to represent our 5th anniversary. I stood in slot #5 for good luck.


Yay! I finally caught one! A sea bass again...but BIGGER! :)


He's a keeper! I have to say I don't know how people reel in those 400 lb fish. this think was like 2 lbs and I was struggling!


This picture is for my mom. She LOVES pelicans.
This poem is for my dad. He loves to quote it. :)
Oh, the mighty pelican.
It's beak can hold more than it's belly can.
I don't know how the helican. :)
The mighty pelican.


Check out that triangle house. It looked like it was going to fall right in the water!

My second catch...a sculpin!! These things are poisonous, well, their spikes are. You can't even bring them in the boat. That is why this nice fisherman guy is helping me. We threw him back. He wasn't big enough anyway.

What we got to take home. Delish. In total I caught 2, the sea bass and the sculpin. Justin caught 2 barracuda, 3 mackerel, and 2 sea bass.

WHALE WATCHING!!!

After fishing we went to RUBIO'S Baja Grill for lunch (mmm...I love RUBIO'S) where we tried to get them to fry up our fish. They couldn't. Against some law or something. It was worth a shot. They did give us ice to keep it cold though! After lunch we went back to the marina and got on our Whale Watching Catamaran. This was awesome. We saw a blue whale, dolphin, a sun fish (weird!) and sea lions. So fun and so relaxing. If you've never been, go. On a Tuesday. It's half price! :)



Warning: Most of these pictures are awful because I wasn't looking at the camera. I wanted to see it in real life. Oh the dilemma!

This is one of those awful pictures, but it kind of shows just how long these things are! They are unbelievable!!!


Check out that nose. Rostrum? I forget.




Majestic.

Just a blue whale with the California coast in the background.
No biggie. :)


THE DOLPHINS!!!
I love the dolphins! They were my favorite.

Isn't that cool, you can just see them swimming right around the boat!



I love this picture. It was incredible and this kind of shows just how amazing it was.



Me and Indy at the end of our Whale Watching Trip.

You can always count on the sea lions to be on the buoy.

Our favorite boat name in the marina. So scandalous!

J+A=Love
5 yrs baby!!
Just a cheesy anniversary picture.

Us on our beach walk before dinner. We were alone. No kids. No whining or worrying!
AH!!!! So wonderful.


Happy 5 years!
They've been great and I STILL love you Justin Low!

No comments: