Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Reunion Day #3--Lake, Jumping Palace, Bus Ride, and Hot Shmoes

Our family got together the next morning for fun at the lake. We went and spent time at one of Angie's friend's amazing house!! I should have taken a picture of that! I never thought a lakefront property on Lake Elsinore would be appealing, but this was beautiful! Lots of land, a boat and fun boat stuff, trampoline, and a badminton court, and a little beach. The kids loved it. I went in up to my knees, but the water was a lot too green to make me want to dive in. Eewww.
Beautiful Lake Elsinore and the surrounding valley.
Carrie is wonder woman with lotsa kiddos hanging around. Kate hopped a ride with some Olsingch cousins.

I was a little afraid Kate's hand would be eaten off by the yucky water, but it surprisingly survived and still works. I guess the lake isn't so bad these days!

Kara at the lake.


The Jumping Room
We rented out a jumper place for 2 hrs for just our family. It was SO fun!!! They had lots of bouncing things: a joust, a basketball one, an obstacle course, a slide, and a little kid playroom. They also had billiards, shuffleboard, music and karaoke, and arcade games. It was a lot of fun and I recommend it to anyone. The place we went to was called Skyhigh I think? In Murrieta.
Zach was so excited! We didn't see him much while we were there.



I tried to get a view of what was there. It was awesome. Oh yeah, and I beat Justin 2 out of 3 on that joust thing...uh huh, that's right. Who's the bomb?




Karaoke!!



My Gamers.




We all got a pair of new socks to wear in the place since socks were mandatory. It was so cute!



On the way home from partying. Just love my "Peace" maker. Love the socks, beads, and glasses. That is quite the outfit.


DOUBLE-DECKER BUS?! NO WAY!
Not quite sure how he did it, but he did. Stan the Man, aka Dad, found a double-decker bus to take us on a family history tour of the valley. They've lived there for almost 35 years and have seen a lot of change. So they took us on a tour of all of our old houses, schools, points of interest. It was fun, until the kids went crazy. We were SO high and every one looked at us and honked. Don't know why? It was pretty awesome too.


The windblown view from the top.


This is really cool. This is my little brother's Boys Scout Eagle Project (like Chief Scout here in Canada). He (and my parents) designed and got this memorial up in front of our high school. It is a memorial of all the Veterans that attended Elsinore High School. Special spots are reserved for those who died while in duty. It is beautiful.


Kara had fun on the bus ride.


Mostly because she was sitting next to cousin David. She LOVES him!


And we of course had to go to Dejong's Dairy. We had a tour of this local dairy last year. It was great! Cody and Jayni are buying us fudge bars to eat at the park. YUM!


Sitting around the fire pit at home "roasting delicious hot schmoes!"
(name that movie...)
What a beautiful day. I loved it.

2 comments:

Evansfamily said...

How fun!! As green as it might be...Lake Elsinore is still my favorite!!! And DeJong's....what could be better? Did you get chocolate milk?

Rob and Marseille said...

we went to a similar place for our all night grad party senior year of HS. We were bored by 2am. Cool double decker!
And, toy story.