Sunday, April 5, 2009

Zach's Birthday Party!

I decided to pass yet another winter day with a play date birthday party for Zach this last Friday. (Yes, the beginning of April is still winter here.) It was a Nemo party of course. Zach LOVES Nemo. I didn't know Nemo was such an old movie though, I couldn't find any Nemo plates, napkins, toys...so really the only thing was his Nemo cake (which was awesome if I may say) and some Nemo pictures I colored and cut out for the fishing game. Anyway, it was SO fun to have friends over. Thanks to everyone who came!

The birthday donkey... I mean boy.
Teya, Jayna, Sue, Zachary, and the fishing game.
The spread. A great Nemo cupcake cake, fish and 2s jello jigglers, goldfish crackers, and a little bit of healthy stuff. Delish.
Zach admiring his Nemo jiggler.
Chow down boy. These jigglers were a bigger hit than I thought they would be.

Jordana with some of the little guests...Jayna on the left and Teya on the right. Katie, Jayna looks like you as a toddler...especially when she has pig tails. Maybe not so much in this picture, but in person at certain angles...she really does! This is a great shot of Zach..."Ah! Cars." Such excitement. Yes, that is Nemo on in the background. When Dory is speaking whale. Believe me...I know.

Zach got some awesome golf clubs from his buddy Jackson. Justin's favorite present. Mine too. Now Justin can take Zach with him golfing this summer! :) HA!

My cake...I mean Zach's cupcake cake that turned out pretty darn good! Make the cupcakes, arrange them in your shape, put a lot of icing on and fill in the empty spots, decorate the whole top, and pull apart to serve! It was awesome! Luckily, some of my cupcakes got squished while they were baking so I had the perfect fins for Nemo! It was fun and easy too. I am a big fan of the cupcake thing now. It is so easy to dish up!

Happy Kid. Awesome cake. Good times.

I just love how Jackson and I are celebrating in this picture. Yay!
Zach always puts his face to mine when we take pictures now. It is pretty cute.
Cute candid.

Yummy icing. That is all he ate really.

Cute little Jayna. How did she get that frosting on her forehead? Who knows?!

Zach trying to get the "I'm 2" thing down. It is a hard finger maneuver to pull off!
Happy Birthday Zachy!

2 comments:

mj said...

Happy birthday to my future son-in-law!

Hey Amelia - remember when we were supposed to have our babies close together and then you ended up being pregnant for 6 weeks longer than me? :) hehehe. miss you.

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, I'm really sad I missed that. Sorry. I don't think I could've resisted that cake though. It looked pretty awesome. I might have to start doing it like that.